W&B Spreadsheet

Looks good to me. Have you considered using FltPlan.com's W&B feature? The envelope is a bit tricky I'm sure with the amount of IT experts on JC someone can assist you with this! Did you use excel to make this or some other program? It looks cleaner than an excel spreadsheet.

Looks fine to me, though I don't know anything about Citation W&B. What I can say though, is that I can't stand using a computer for weight and balance. We use one here for every possible thing, and while it is more convenient than doing it by hand (which would be a pain in the ass) I would prefer a WhizzWheel, then fill in the blanks on the manifest:

N12345 Flight Manifest
Origin: ABC Destination: XYZ
Captain: Pat Pragman First Officer: Billy Bob
Number of Passengers: 6
Forward / CG / Aft Limits
-1.2 -12.5 -34.5___
MATOW / ATOW / ALW
12500 11225 8955__

That covers everything you need in 135.63 for a flight manifest, you could even incorporate it into your flight release form or whatever, but the less time it takes to do a weight and balance, the more likely your crew is going to be to complete one properly and without BS-ing anything. If you feel really crazy, you could add in the performance data required by Subpart I of 135 if your airplane applies, but really, keep it as simple as possible. The more complicated any given system is, the more likely it is to be screwed up by the random F-ups that happen in everyday life. Just my $1.05

The easiest way to make a chart like that is to set x and y coordinates of the points along the envelopes edge, then have the calculated data as another point on the same chart. I have one for a 172, which if you'd like I could send to you so you could at least see it hands on how it does it

Looks good to me. Have you considered using FltPlan.com's W&B feature? The envelope is a bit tricky I'm sure with the amount of IT experts on JC someone can assist you with this! Did you use excel to make this or some other program? It looks cleaner than an excel spreadsheet.
I didn't know fltplan had one. I'll have to check it out. And yes, it is an excel spreadsheet.

The easiest way to make a chart like that is to set x and y coordinates of the points along the envelopes edge, then have the calculated data as another point on the same chart. I have one for a 172, which if you'd like I could send to you so you could at least see it hands on how it does it
If you don't mind, send it to me. I kind of had it figured out, but when testing it I noticed that the chart numbers at the bottom change as the values change. This makes it a little difficult to mark an envelope. Let me know if you know what's causing this.

Thanks for the input!

I didn't know fltplan had one. I'll have to check it out. And yes, it is an excel spreadsheet.

If you don't mind, send it to me. I kind of had it figured out, but when testing it I noticed that the chart numbers at the bottom change as the values change. This makes it a little difficult to mark an envelope. Let me know if you know what's causing this.

Thanks for the input!
http://forums.jetcareers.com/threads/cfi-excel-spreadsheets.144702/

It's listed in there, if you have any questions let me know

Back