VX hiring...

Also, are they completely separated from Virgin Atlantic or Australia, or would you be easier to get a job with these guys down the line?

747Dispatcher said:
Also, are they completely separated from Virgin Atlantic or Australia, or would you be easier to get a job with these guys down the line?

They are all completely separate.

Correct. I believe that the parent Virgin company may be an investor in them, but per federal statute, foreign corporations are not allowed to own more than 25% of a US based airline. Basically VX just licenses the brand name from Virgin, is my understanding.

You pretty much spot on. VX is owned by Richard Branson and his Virgin Group. They can only have 25% controlling stake. The other 75% is controlled by a group called VAI Partners.

1820hrs is 260 less than the average 40hr work week. What am I missing?

Do they do this "guaranteed overtime" shenanigan I've had to deal with at other shops? Where you'd work 40 for, maybe 3 weeks, and then suddenly you're down to 36, then shopping for hours because "50 is the new 40" ?

They are pretty good about giving you the right amount of hours out there and stick with the 4 on 3 off, 4 on 4 off schedule. In addition to the new pay rates they will have the license premium and a training stipend, equivalent to five days of pay. They are a growing company and I think they will continue to hire as they add more aircraft.

It's a pretty good group of people to work with out there but cost of living is in the bay area is a tough pill to swallow. They stress that in the interview, numerous times.

Back