Volunteer for Flight Benefits

UNDPilot91

So I have a buddy who lives in Grand Forks, ND. We are both flight students here and he Volunteers as a flight attendant a few weekends a month for Delta in exchange for Flight Benefits.......

I have looked EVERYWHERE and cannot find how to get this job. I travel a lot (as my family is 2600 miles away in NC) and would kill to have flight benefits, even as a paycheck.

Any ideas?

So I have a buddy who lives in Grand Forks, ND. We are both flight students here and he Volunteers as a flight attendant a few weekends a month for Delta in exchange for Flight Benefits.......

I have looked EVERYWHERE and cannot find how to get this job. I travel a lot (as my family is 2600 miles away in NC) and would kill to have flight benefits, even as a paycheck.

Any ideas?
I have never heard of this before. Ever. I have heard about flight attendants going out on educational leave to obtain a pilots license, but as an inactive employee lose their pass benefits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any ideas?

He may talking about doing that with a DCI regional, but as far as volunteering as a flight attendant for Delta mainline gotta call BS. My wife, who is a FA for Delta since 1998 has never heard of any such thing, unless he was a FA before and is taking time off to learn how to fly. Then, he could be a part timer with a deal with Inflight. Since they are non union, they do shady deals sometimes. Has he ever gone through the 6 week initial FA school in Atlanta? If not, then he is blowing sunshine out his •.

Delta does have season ramp and ticket counter jobs available in the summer time. You can work and get paid all summer and then go back to school in the fall. And you DO keep your flight benefits throughout the year even though you are not working. I would recommend this to someone that really wants the flight benefits!

If its a union carrier, the union would bust a nut over something like that. If its actually happening at a non-union carrier, the person should be ashamed of themselves.

But, since you have to go through a fair bit of training to be a part 121 flight attendant, I don't see any cases where someone would spend that much time on it just to do it a weekend here or there, with no pay, for only flight bennies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Volunteer FA? Don't give the airlines ideas...

Seriously I can't think of any carrier that has "volunteer" FAs. There are some carriers that do part time, but they're paid.

I'm sure the airlines would love to have a staff of FAs they don't have to pay!

It's DGS that staffs GFK ground ops. I believe. Look at them if you want some benefits. But a volunteer FA!? Um no.

Hilarious! I don't believe one bit of this, although it might be his/her way of saying they pay peanuts.

If its a union carrier, the union would bust a nut over something like that. If its actually happening at a non-union carrier, the person should be ashamed of themselves.

But, since you have to go through a fair bit of training to be a part 121 flight attendant, I don't see any cases where someone would spend that much time on it just to do it a weekend here or there, with no pay, for only flight bennies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Uh.....Im pretty sure you dont know what "Bust a Nut" means... Careful Conan.

Back