Visiting O'Hare Tower

captnem

Hey guys, I was wondering if the folks in the tower allow visitors? I work for American Eagle and often times have 2-3 hour sits between flights, or am busy staring at the walls while on airport reserve. I always wanted to check it out and see how things work up there.

I have been on a tour of O'Hare Tower and have known plenty of people that have also. For a few years after 9/11 they did not allow any tours up there, under any circumstances. Until last year, this was the case. I have been on tours only with the college that I used to attend, arranged by one of my professors. But I bet you would have no problem, as a pilot, arranging a tour while making a stop at ORD. I think your best bet would be to call the facility manager work something out with him.

I visited O'Hare tower about a year ago, and it was an incredibly neat experience, highly recommended.

The only advice I can give is to call ahead a few days before your planned visit to give them time to arrange it, and to plan for regular business days: Monday-Friday 9-5. They're less likely to have extra people available to give a tour on the weekends or after hours.

Hello,

Firstly let me say that I am new here on jetcareers, and it looks like a great place. Secondly I am a CTI student currently transferring schools. I live in the Chicago area and was wondering if it is still possible to go tour O'Hare? And if any one has any contact info that would be great.

Thanks

Hello,

Firstly let me say that I am new here on jetcareers, and it looks like a great place. Secondly I am a CTI student currently transferring schools. I live in the Chicago area and was wondering if it is still possible to go tour O'Hare? And if any one has any contact info that would be great.

Thanks

Nope, they sent out a memo just this morning, no more tours.

:sarcasm:

PMd you re: ORD.

I've been up there a few times, but only because I have relatives up there. Otherwise, the only tours I know about going up there are arranged through Lewis University where I go to school for CTI. You have to be a student there though.
You could always try calling and see what happens though...

I've been up there a few times, but only because I have relatives up there. Otherwise, the only tours I know about going up there are arranged through Lewis University where I go to school for CTI. You have to be a student there though.
You could always try calling and see what happens though...

I graduated from Lewis University.. what year are you?

Hey guys, I was wondering if the folks in the tower allow visitors? I work for American Eagle and often times have 2-3 hour sits between flights, or am busy staring at the walls while on airport reserve. I always wanted to check it out and see how things work up there.
I have a couple friends that work there. PM me and I can pass u his phone number. You can call him and ask him the best way to get it done. They are surely doing tours still. the Secon is still Yellow. If they say NO due to the security, then their just lazy. It's still allowed in Yellow.

I have a couple friends that work there. PM me and I can pass u his phone number. You can call him and ask him the best way to get it done. They are surely doing tours still. the Secon is still Yellow. If they say NO due to the security, then their just lazy. It's still allowed in Yellow.

Would you mind giving me someones contact info either email pref or phone number to call. If not then thats ok as well.

Call the particular FAA facility you are interested in touring and let them know you are a pilot who frequents the area.
If the FAA tells you no or doesn't respond, get a hold of NATCA, preferably the facility rep and see what they can do for you.

Back