Viral Meningitis - ATC Applicant

Mirt

Quick question! In 2004 I was diagnosed with Viral Meningitis while I was an Air Traffic Controller in the Air Force. The diagnoses was done without a lumbar puncture. I was prescribed Valtrax and the symptoms cleared up after a weekend, and I was returned to controlling status after four days and have had no problems since then. Will this be a problem for me when doing my 8500-8 at the PEPC as a Controller applicant for the FAA? I have a copy of my military medical records to bring, with all documentation.

Also as a small aside, how does the FAA feel about hemorrhoids that sometimes bleed? I have them very intermittently, but I keep them in control with proper diet and exercise and have all my documentation dealing with them in the military as well.

Thanks for your advice in advance!

Just report the viral meningitis and take the medical records for their review (keep a copy for your files).

Hemorrhoids are not a problem.

Just report the viral meningitis and take the medical records for their review (keep a copy for your files).

Hemorrhoids are not a problem.

Thanks for the reply, I have to admit I was a little worried. Glad to hear it won't be a problem, like I said, it cleared up quick and I never had any problems.

Back