VIOLATION

C650CPT

I got my first violation the other week. Thankfully it wasn't an FAA violation, it was a noise violation. We departed TEB at 10:19pm and tripped the monitor, came in at 1.1db over the limit, yep 1.1db. There is no fine or action taken, but 3 strikes and you're out, persona non grada (sp) at TEB. It's a catch 22, ATC assigns you the departure runway and procedure, they don't care about noise ordanances, only moving traffic and not conflicting with EWR pattern. The departure procedure sets you up for failure, what you're suppose to do is reduce power after lift off ... excuse me but I like my energy working for me untill I get to safe single engine altitude, ie: circling mins.
Well tommorrow I get to try another noise sensative airport with a 06:00am arrival into VNY, I only wish I had afterburners, VIOLATE THIS ARSEHOLES!!!
This plays directly into the SDL debate about who should have preference the airport, which was there long before the housing developments, or the safety and good operational practices of pilots. Is this stupid or what?

3 violations and your out?

If only you could really make the violations count
cool.gif

They need to violate a flight of A-10's and call em up over the radio and let them know. See what happens to that decibel meter after that one...

Cheers

John Herreshoff

Yeah if you're gonna bust it, bust it BIG. What's up with this '1.1' db stuff?!?? Ya get the same letter either way!

Bottom line, safety first noise second. I'm all for being a good neighbor and trying to minimize noise when possible, but C650 is right ... at low alt I want the power working for me. Of course, at places like TEB, traffic flow will set you up for noise problems.

Do what we do ... skip TEB altogether and go to EWR. We've found that it is substantially easier for us and our passengers, and therefore worth the increased expense (ldg fees, higher fuel/ramp fees at Signature, etc) to the company. And, believe it or not, we typically have shorter out-to-offs at EWR than we did at Teterboro.

FL270

Don't sweat it!!!

The company I'm part-time with has 20-series Lears and a G-3......Everyone knows try to avoid RWY 6 (I think...or is it 24?), anyways...Sometimes it can't be avoided and then we reduce power and maneuver to avoid setting off the sensors.

HOWEVER....I know some people have re-regesitered aircraft in order to get into TEB. It's a pretty important corporate hub in the N.E.

[ QUOTE ]
They need to violate a flight of A-10's and call em up over the radio and let them know. See what happens to that decibel meter after that one...

Cheers

John Herreshoff

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe. Agree.

Screw TEB, VNY, and most especially.......SDL!

So, uh, what happens when you trip a noise meter when "safety of flight" is jeopardized? Like say you're flying a noise abatement profile, throttle-back and then get a Climb RA? Does that count towards the three strikes?

Gotta love the TEB noise program!! Avoid 24 if you can.. anything over 80db between 2200 and 0700 will get you a fun letter in the mail if you use this runway...90db the rest of the time. (sensor is located only 1.9 miles from brake release on 24 and slightly right of centerline). It is 95 db for the sensors off all other runways. Following the departure procedures right on the money helps a little. If 24 and 19 are in use you are best off with the Dalton 19 departure ( found on Jeppesen charts only for some reason.) if you have the mins for it (3000' and 3 miles vis). But if the weather is low and you dont want "extensive delays" 24 may be the only way to go...just be quiet....(good luck)..

[ QUOTE ]
Poster: Minuteman
Subject: Re: VIOLATION

So, uh, what happens when you trip a noise meter when "safety of flight" is jeopardized? Like say you're flying a noise abatement profile, throttle-back and then get a Climb RA? Does that count towards the three strikes?

[/ QUOTE ]
It is listed in the exemptions of the program that if you abandoned the noise abatement procedures in order to "assure safety of flight"... then you are exempt and you should be able to get any of those violations dropped if that was the case.

Back