vieques air link?

TXaviator

anyone know much about them? heard they'll take low time guys and put them in a trislander.... other than that, i know nothing. anyone got the scoop on them?

A friend of mine flew for them for about a year. I went down a visited a few times so this is just second hand and my observation from being there a bit...

They have Islanders, TriLanders and a few Caravans. I think they were pretty desperate for people (dunno if they still are) so they were taking guys at low time and getting them up to 135 VFR mins.

MX was questionable at some times and it was pretty normal for them to have a few engine failures a month. Their DO, at one point was banned from being near any aircraft because of his drinking issues. I don't know if the guy is still there or not.

Vieques can be a tough place to live. There is very little infrastructure and not much to do. Also, the island has a huge crime and drug problem.

All that said, it is absolutely beautiful over there and they fly into some amazing little airports.

anyone know much about them? heard they'll take low time guys and put them in a trislander.... other than that, i know nothing. anyone got the scoop on them?

yeah.... just ask.... I know multiple current employees.... just holla brudda.

How did you get a job in a 1900 with only 1.5 multi-PIC?
Is the 1.5 from your CMEL ride?

How did you get any job with only 21hrs multi and 1.5 multi pic?

*shrug* I don't know. I guess some cargo operators don't really care much about multi time. I remember when I was going through training, I asked the guy if I was going to do OK since I have very little multi time. He told me "don't worry, this kind of plane has nothing to do with light twins, so time in them will have no benefit to you"

Back