VHHH (Kai Tak) Reopens!

SteveCostello

My member is well-known.
Well, okay, not as an airport... but as a cruise ship terminal.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/11/travel/hong-kong-kai-tak-airport/index.html?hpt=hp_c4

Some 15 years after Richard Siegel, Hong Kong's then-director of Civil Aviation, bid farewell and turned off the lights at Hong Kong Kai Tak International Airport (Kai Tak), the old airport has been given a new life.
With official ceremonies set for this week, it will be rechristened Kai Tak Cruise Terminal. The new facility will accommodate cruise ships and other large vessels.

In other news, the complete Concorde fleet has completed its D Checks and will be back in service. BA an AF accepting applications for SST wannabes.

airport one.jpg

airport 2.jpg

I like the handwritten revision on that chart. Elroy Jeppesen would be proud.

That`s how they use to do it, I have some old plates that my girlfriend`s father used back in the days, they are all hand-updated o_O

Most of the local AIP plates and charts are outdated, after you print them you gotta start looking over NOTAMs.

I like the handwritten revision on that chart. Elroy Jeppesen would be proud.
Hey, that's old school baby!!! That's how we all rolled. You should see some of my charts. Another from this set has the phone number of a certain "social" club written on it. lol Back in the day, hamburgers and tacos had nothing to do with layovers.

Hey, that's old school baby!!! That's how we all rolled. You should see some of my charts. Another from this set has the phone number of a certain "social" club written on it. lol Back in the day, hamburgers and tacos had nothing to do with layovers.

Get outta my seat, old man! ;)

I wish the aeroclub at Kai Tak could have managed to keep a portion of the runway kept open for GA use. Probably wouldn't be a shortage of pilot tourists who'd want VHHX(as its now unofficially referred to) in their logbooks.

PFT = Pay For Training. Sitting right seat and paying a company to fly their aircraft which in-turn lowers pilot pay across the board. Bad ju-ju.
However: if there was a jet worth doing that for, I'm pretty sure Concorde is it.

(EM4 or EM7 on the other hand - nope...)

PFT = Pay For Training. Sitting right seat and paying a company to fly their aircraft which in-turn lowers pilot pay across the board. Bad ju-ju.

Thanks, sorta Gulfstream scam. I didn't know there were initials attached :(

Back