Veterans looking for Helo Flight Training, a solution.

There are a lot of options out there for Vets. Inland Helicopters has launched a partner program with BBCC in Moses Lake, WA that is top notch. Hillsboro Aviation has a really good program partnered with a community college in oregon too. That's just west coast, from what I gather the east coast has a few solid programs as well.

I did some time with UHI down in Prescott, I'm finishing With Inland Helicopters in Moses Lake. Things move lightning fast when you have that "unlimited flight funds" check coming in if your program is partnered with a Public College/University.

Are you required to take at least one non flight class with the community college either online or otherwise? Mine does require that

Well, in order to meet credit minimums yeah, you need to take additional course work. Though you can meet the minimums with just flight course work here, they don't require non-flight courses.

Right now the minimum is 12 credit hours for 100% compensation (assuming you are eligible for 100%) in a Quarter based program. Flight Block is 4cr, Ground school is 5cr, and I took a flight block add-on for 3cr making the 12 cr mark easy to hit. And all I'm doing is ground school and flying 1.5x more than an average student. I'm also in a Flight Systems course the college offers so I can knock out the AS degree quicker,it's airplane centric but a lot of it carries over, like fuel and carbs, and the recip engine portion. Though by then end of the class I will have learned to start a 727 on the one we have here...that's a fun perk. That's another 5cr right there.

Back