Very SAD. This makes me MAD!!

Re: Overpaid Garbageperson?

[ QUOTE ]
You are very right. It is easy to look at a job and think it must be easy. Now the person that picka up my garbage totally deserves what ever he/she is being paid! LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Michelle:

C'mon, are you kidding or what? You've beat up on doctor's, lawyers, insurance companies, firefighters, bus drivers, flagpersons, pilots and now the person that "picka up" your garbage.

I don't think this belongs on a professional public forum, so I'll sign off. You keep up the status quo.

Over and Out (gone flying).

Jeff

P.S. We all have choices to make in life, but we have to live with the consequences of those choices.

When was the last time a bus did a nose dive from a little over 6,000 feet like flight 427 did in Pittsburgh? When was the last time two busses collided and killed almost 600 people like those two 747's in the Canary Islands? Ok, now when was the last time a bus lost engine power and the bus dropped out of the sky? Never for all three! Airline pilots are not overpaid. They do the job that alot are afraid to do. Bus drivers do have a challenging job, but I am afraid Airline pilots have a might bit more to worry about than a bus driver!

[ QUOTE ]
the person that "picka up" your garbage

[/ QUOTE ] Good hell, that was a spelling error. I am sure everyone else knows it meant "picks". If you don't think this discussion belongs here then why are you involving yourself in it? I was giving some credit to people who do nasty jobs and that they deserve to get paid well. If ANY one thinks I have "beat up" on anybody, then they misunderstood what I was saying. Chill out.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
no matter what they do to you, whether it is a pay cut, or lost pension, they can never take away that one tiny detail... your outlook on your job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mannn, that is one of life's most understated but important rules to live by. You hit the tear-jerking nerve with that one.

Apology to The Wife

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the person that "picka up" your garbage

[/ QUOTE ] Good hell, that was a spelling errorI -----------they misunderstood what I was saying. Chill out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Michelle:

Yup, that was me (or is that I)?

Public apology offered!

Gone to "chill out."

Jeff

Re: Apology to The Wife

Thank you.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
When was the last time a bus did a nose dive from a little over 6,000 feet like flight 427 did in Pittsburgh? When was the last time two busses collided and killed almost 600 people like those two 747's in the Canary Islands? Ok, now when was the last time a bus lost engine power and the bus dropped out of the sky? Never for all three! Airline pilots are not overpaid. They do the job that alot are afraid to do. Bus drivers do have a challenging job, but I am afraid Airline pilots have a might bit more to worry about than a bus driver!

[/ QUOTE ]

With all the comparing buses to airplanes you're comparing apples to oranges. Buses are not designed to go to 6,000 feet. If they were, we wouldn't have bus drivers they'd be bus pilots.
The vehicles designed to go agl is a whole other entity in itself . That's why they have a different name ie. airplane, spaceship LOL.

[ QUOTE ]
When was the last time a bus did a nose dive from a little over 6,000 feet like flight 427 did in Pittsburgh? When was the last time two busses collided and killed almost 600 people like those two 747's in the Canary Islands? Ok, now when was the last time a bus lost engine power and the bus dropped out of the sky? Never for all three!

[/ QUOTE ]

You've convinced me. After two engine failures, maybe it's time to apply for a position as one of SkyHigh Airline's drivers for it's Flightless Eagle Coaches.

shocked.gif
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With all the comparing buses to airplanes you're comparing apples to oranges. Buses are not designed to go to 6,000 feet. If they were, we wouldn't have bus drivers they'd be bus pilots.
The vehicles designed to go agl is a whole other entity in itself . That's why they have a different name ie. airplane, spaceship LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, exactly. There is no where near as much to worry about when driving a bus. I am just saying that an airplane enters the heavens to carry its passengers while a bus stays on the ground. Almost everything in an airplane has to work perfectly for the trip to go well and for you not to get killed. In a bus, if you break down, you can pull over and wait for assistance. There is no such luxury in an airplane. You either use your training to land that puppy or well, you know the outcome. The only thing that can possibly be compared between a bus driver and a pilot is the fact that they each haul passengers. Now, an Israeli bus driver has a little more to worry about than an American one. They have my sympathy. I guess you could say that any amount of pay for them is not too much.

i just wish we could minimize this phenomena of picking out silly things from other boards and posting it here to be chewed up. I think its all pretty much agreed that airliners.net has some silly stuff on there.

I even learned that I have been mis-spelling the word "fisics" all these years.

I would just like to put it out there that i do think most commercial pilots are severly underpaid. Just as lots of high responsibility occupations are underpaid as well.
I only voiced the flip-side, that if the demand isn't there, the salary won't be either.
I'll be the first to say that I am way overpaid when I look at levels of responsibility, but the 'demand/society's perception of need' for people like me is there.
Please don't think I am an anti-pilot type on the board
wink.gif

P.S. - Before some ask, I'll keep my salary LOL.

Don't waste your time with morons like that. There is a very pilot unfriendly bulletin board out there that I used to frequent. It's for the geeks who seem to think that just because their ass is in a seat for x thousand miles, they're super cool and they know everything about how an airline runs.

I finally got pissed off and said, okay, if it's so damn easy, then why don't you do it?

Funny how nobody wanted to take me up on that one.

[ QUOTE ]
Don't waste your time with morons like that. There is a very pilot unfriendly bulletin board out there that I used to frequent. It's for the geeks who seem to think that just because their ass is in a seat for x thousand miles, they're super cool and they know everything about how an airline runs.

I finally got pissed off and said, okay, if it's so damn easy, then why don't you do it?

Funny how nobody wanted to take me up on that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy answer why no one took you up on that. It's in your first paragraph!
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Easy answer why no one took you up on that. It's in your first paragraph!
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, with some of the folks who frequented that board, let's just say that if they were to get in a typical training aircraft, I'd be highly concerned with the weight and balance.

And not just for a 152.

grin.gif

Okay I sent that thread to one of my roommates with whom I have been having this very same argument with. He claims I'll just be a glorified bus drive when I make it to the majors. Here's his e-mail response (he is in air force ROTC however is NOT a pilot):

"Ok, now lets think what a bus driver does. Puts on a "uniform." Carts people around in a highly speacialized piece of equipment.(Have you ever checked out the new fuel systems on a bus? They use Hydrogen for Christ's Sake) They drop people off at their destination then continue on the rest of their route. What does a airplane pilot do? Puts on a psuedo-military "uniform" carts people around to their destination, then continues on their route. The main difference is that buses are more or less on time, and last time I checked no bus company has gone bankrupt due to overpaying their pilots.

Bus drivers have a much more dangerous job on top of that. Compare the fatalities on airlines compared to those of a bus driver. This is due to the fact that the normal person can and does drive on the road. Not only that, but they get paid a fraction of pilots. Does that seem fair? I think not.

Please do not confuse my views on airline pilots with the pilots of the armed services. Air Force, Navy, and Army pilots risk their lives through flying through the worst conditions possible with gun fire, ground to air missles, and other aircraft. These people are not bus drivers like airline pilots. I apologize that you cannot make standards that are required to join the US Air Force, Navy, Army, Coast Guard, Air National Guard, Army National Guard, or Girl Scouts. Maybe someday you'll be a captain, but you'll never be a general. PEACE!"

I would expect many to fight their occupation being compared to some little "meanial" occupation LOL, ie. airline pilot vs. bus driver. You really shouldn't care as long as you like it.
I agree with the letter FlyIllini06 posted, except for the part on danger and fatalities. I leave the technical/complex stuff at work, I'm winding down at home.

There are a few major flaws with his argument. Here in Maryland, you can go apply for a license that allows you to drive for hire tomorrow if you want. There are no minimums for training time -- all you have to do is pass the test. And if you get that, you can get a job as a bus driver just like that. I am not kidding. Some of the county governments here are offering to pay for people to take the training so that they can pass the test!

Plus, buses, for the most part, do not travel at speeds that will kill you. Can't say that about airplanes. Even the slowest POS Cessna goes faster than the most high tech bus!

Hey FlyIllini, give me your address and I'll kick your roommate in the nads when I visit next. j/k. But seriously, yet another ROTC dude thinking he is "the shiznit."
mad.gif

Those were the types of attitudes I dealt with during my time in ROTC, which is why I chose to get out. Kinda rubs me the wrong way.

Back