VA Benefits for flight training and elections...

HumbleSiPilot77

Any of you think that the political outcome of elections might change or affect our benefits? Guys I just gotta be honest, Post 9-11 GI Bill being used for flight training at an IHL, even though I am already in it and I am flying, is the greatest gift I have ever received ... I guess I am a bit afraid of losing it if you call me paranoid.

I could see it as a possibility if Romney wins...but once you start cutting benefits to Veterans, You're gonna have a bad time!

Even though Romney did well on the debate it seems to me Obama will still win the election. Yeah they all talk about cutting the government spending, but money being spent on veterans is for a good cause so that we go out there not be on food stamps.

Sent from my iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD

I haven't started using mine yet, but am about to within 6 months.... I sure hope nothing happens before then.

I believe the program we are already in where we use VA benefits for flight training in combination with college credits took effect in 2009. Since then Obama passed one change to it in 2011 where they required all periods of service be honorable, more benefits for NG members, prorated BAH for those who don't take summer courses etc. I don't think anything will change drastically, but still nothing is guaranteed.

We have seen an influx of VA guys coming through and calling after the election. Seems a lot of them are worried that if they wait too much longer the money simply won't be there.

Back