VA approved yet??

ATP website said:
ATP is working to achieve VA approval for the Airline Career Pilot Program in January 2009 so that most of the cost will be covered by the Montgomery GI Bill. ATP is an FAA-approved 141 school, but currently ATP conducts almost all training under FAR Part 61, making it ineligible for VA payment. In January 2009, veterans will have access to a new FAR Part 141 and VA-approved Airline Career Pilot Program.

Looks like Jan. '09 is a possibility. I'd say they can still offer all the same ratings but it's not likely they will be able to do that 141 style in 90 days.

Bob

Looks like Jan. '09 is a possibility. I'd say they can still offer all the same ratings but it's not likely they will be able to do that 141 style in 90 days.

Bob
White Air is the school I believe he is asking about. Congrats to ATP if/when they are approved, but wrong forum.:D

Of course, unless the OP put this question in the wrong forum....in that case, never mind!!:p

Re: IS white air VA approved yet??

:bandit:I was talking about White Air. Thanks for the replies though. White Air is significantly cheaper than ATP so I was wondering if I could use my GI bill there. I read in an earlier post from 2006 that they were tryingto get VA approved then. So i would imagine they are??

:confused:I called and they said they are still a part 61 school. So i am guessing that since 2006 they are still trying to get va approved. I heard it is hard for a school to get this. I guess I will be looking for somewhere else. White Air was so promising too

I just replied to your email with an answer for you.

We will not be looking to become a part 141 school anytime soon. We are finalizing a degree program with our local college that will start on Fall 2009. This will open up many possibilities for financial aid, and veterans benefits. www.neosho.edu is the college website.

Thanks
Van

Back