V-22 Ops may get a second look

Given the sheer volume of air moved and concentration of its rotor wash and the given size of the disk from which dissimilar lift would be effected this seems very plausible.

Unfortunately it will require a lot of dynamic testing and observation to both recreate and validate the limits of the 22s SCAS before any firm judgements could be made. Like so much of it whatever new items come from this in NATOPS they will as per usual be written in blood.

Still won’t stop the regular Osprey haters from trying to prove it’s not a vastly safer airframe than the one it replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

However - I thought you guys might find this interesting, given the types of hazardous ops you often find yourselves in:

It's been a known issue since development, but I guess at high weights, the safety margin is a lot less than what everyone assumed was there

Still won’t stop the regular Osprey haters from trying to prove it’s not a vastly safer airframe than the one it replaced.

"But, but, the 45 year old phrogs were just fine!"

"But, but, the 45 year old phrogs were just fine!"

The sheer number of Marines/Sailors killed/wounded on that flying metal fatigued oil stain should give pause to anybody dumb enough to go on about the total casualties from 2 crashes in Osprey testing. 55 class As in their first few years of operation. And that’s when stuff was cheaper so you about had to kill somebody to make that threshold. Osprey can burn up a transmission and hit that point.

The sheer number of Marines/Sailors killed/wounded on that flying metal fatigued oil stain should give pause to anybody dumb enough to go on about the total casualties from 2 crashes in Osprey testing. 55 class As in their first few years of operation. And that’s when stuff was cheaper so you about had to kill somebody to make that threshold. Osprey can burn up a transmission and hit that point.

It's not any better on the ground pounder side of things.

"Let's take a 45 year old APC that just barely floats into the California surf and hope that the bilge pumps, impeller motors, air water separators, hydraulic steering, or Diesel engine, doesn't pick that moment to go tango uniform!

It's not like a dozen guys are sealed inside it if it makes a mad dash to Davey Jones' locker."

The Phrog, Amtraks, Prowlers, ect. where honestly great machines until they were flogged 3X past their service life. But at some point you just can't keep up with the maintenance no matter how hard anyone tries.

Sometimes Lawman, I think you might wear gold wings.......the way you speak our language

Sometimes Lawman, I think you might wear gold wings.......the way you speak our language

I’m THE Army guy in my family. Dad was THE Air Force guy (discounting my father in law).

The only reason I didn’t yut myself into a different job was a series of fortunate disasters that prevented me from spending more of my life on one of those floating gray prisons.

55 class As in their first few years of operation. And that’s when stuff was cheaper so you about had to kill somebody to make that threshold. Osprey can burn up a transmission and hit that point.

Read somewhere that the Pentagon is looking at re-classification on mishaps expressly because the damage numbers have outpaced the classification front.

Read somewhere that the Pentagon is looking at re-classification on mishaps expressly because the damage numbers have outpaced the classification front.

They did adjust the dollar value on A’s from 1 mil to 2, but we’ve got drones that cost that much less aircraft.

Cheapest helicopter or plane we buy today would look like insane numbers to the era of the aircraft they replaced. You could buy a dozen Huey’s at their original price with the money today that we spend on a single E model Apache.

They did adjust the dollar value on A’s from 1 mil to 2, but we’ve got drones that cost that much less aircraft.

Cheapest helicopter or plane we buy today would look like insane numbers to the era of the aircraft they replaced. You could buy a dozen Huey’s at their original price with the money today that we spend on a single E model Apache.

It's getting done again on the basis of Class A mishaps with the Raptor and now the Lightning II.

Back