UVSC's Global Aviation Degree Credibility in the Aviation Industry

pavelump

UVSC\'s Global Aviation Degree Credibility in the Aviation Industry

Any thoughts? I'm seriouly considering attending an accelerated flight program and transfering my ratings for "challenge credit" and completing my A.A.S and B.S. Anybody out there work for an airline hiring dept? Will this look the same on my resume as University of Wherever?

Dave

Re: UVSC\'s Global Aviation Degree Credibility in the Aviation Industry

Dave,
I am starting UVSC's on-campus program this Aug. I can assure you that their distance learning program is very well organized and that the college devotes alot of resources to it. I would assume that a distance degree would "look" the same to airline recruiters as receiving the degree on campus. You take the same classes as I will on-campus. UVSC is a relatively large state-funded college and is a "real" school with "real" degrees. I have seen good posts from Global Aviation Degree students on this forum. Try doing a search for those posts if you haven't already. Good luck, and post any more questions that you might have.

Re: UVSC\'s Global Aviation Degree Credibility in the Aviation Industry

I didn't want to reply because I am not in the airline industry, so I cannot speak as to waether or not they look favorably on certain degrees. I am however coming to the end of my first semester using UVSC's global aviation department and am more than happy with most of it. I think that they are doing an outstanding job trying to create a formidable on-line program. There are still a few "bugs" to be worked out (like the fact that you can't register online, you have to call), but I give them credit in the fact that they work hard to address any problems. That says a lot coming from someone that has attended now 5 different colleges since high school and has been working in the computer industry now for five years. If they can make me happy, then I believe that they are doing a good job. For anyone out there who is attending UVSC too and wants someone to chat with from time to time I am usually on Yahoo pager and AOL IM both as lilrkt. You can hail me anytime.

Back