User Titles

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
I did some regular maintenance on the forum software today and cleaned up the feature where it assigns titles.

Basically, anyone with 0 to 100 posts is considered a "New User" and anyone with 100 posts or more is considered a "User".

It should be an automatic feature and should alleviate the four or five private messages I recieve per day concerning "Why does my title say XXX"

Whew!

Except the Vegas rock stars. I've got to dig thru my notes and see who was designated as such, but gimme a few days on that!
smile.gif

Aw man!
I spent months working to get a name,
then some smarty-pants moderator calls me "Squeaky Wheel"

I mean really!
It's not like I complain, or instigate, or anything.
Is it?
Huh?
Is it?
Is it?
Huh?

Sheesh!

Is there anyway you could get the software to let every user choose their own user title? It seems that that would end the whole problem.

Some forums do have that ability.

I think its more fun when they are earned though. Not that I would know...I hadn't earned one yet.
tongue.gif

jetcareers is the online equivalent to crack so I think "user" is appropriate!
cool.gif

I think if you have around 1,955 posts your title should be "Tool"

grin.gif

<-----

I liked the title of 'No longer a new user'!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can I be a special exception for having my old title back?!?!?!?!?

No way dude, that would be unfair to all the others who begged and got their title privledges revoked.
frown.gif

I agree it would be preferable if we could all set our own titles, but in the interim doing it the way Doug has is probably the right thing to do. Poor guy was getting harrassed by everybody ... me included!

Until we can do our own, I guess I'll sign all my posts ...

FL270
Texan in Exile

[ QUOTE ]
jetcareers is the online equivalent to crack so I think "user" is appropriate!

[/ QUOTE ] BWAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHHA YES - HOOK, LINE &&&&&& SINKER! HAHA
grin.gif

nothing like being on the net into the crack addicts jetcareers.com with a crack burger from In & Out eh?!
grin.gif
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

Hopefully, you knew I was just joking , Doug. I still gotta follow the same rules/protocol that everybody else does!!!!!!!!

Back