Usairways flight dispatch

clear4approach

Does anybody know whether Piedmont and Allegany airlines do their own dispatching, or if it done by Usairways mainline disaptchers?

I used to work for PSA and they had their own dispatch that was seperate from mainline. I even visited the operation one day, kind of interesting to see how it all came together.

Hey, sorry to be off topic, but man, I like that quote on your signature BlueStreak, it's a good one.

C4A, Piedmont and Allegheny are, although wholly-owned by US Airways Group, separately certificated airlines and have their own office functions, including operational control and dispatch. This is one of the reasons US is merging the two ... two sets of dispatchers working less than 200 miles apart dispatching the exact same type of airplane on similar routes is redundant, so they're looking to eliminate that redundancy. It really sucks for the people whose jobs are affected, but from a business standpoint it really makes good sense.

The dispatchers would most likely be located at the airlines' headquarters in Harrisburg PA (Allegheny) and Salisbury MD (Piedmont).

FL270

Back