USAIRS PILOTS PENSIONS ARE IN JEOPARDY

It is unfortunate however I think there will be quite a few people who retire soon who will not be living to the standard they had planned or hoped for during their retirement.

Once I have my MBA I have a great idea for retirement plans, it will revolutionize the way people save for their retirement. It is the awesomist plan; that will make saving easy, and have fabulous returns and make retirement very enjoyable. However poeple will have to wait, I have other worries and prioritize right now!

Awesomist? I dare you to use that word with a board of directors after you get your MBA... What's up, you're English and recently finished university? I don't know about England but MBAs are a dime a dozen here...

I understand that lots of people have MBA's in the US (as do many in the UK), however how is that relevant? The earliest I will start my MBA will be in 4 years, and even that is not the determining factor on this idea.
I start a new job next week that I am sure I am going to enjoy aswell as gain valuable experience. I have also ordered a new car which needs a steady job in order to pay for it. Timing is everything, and now is not the time to either look seriously into this venture or do an MBA.

I think personal savings are the best way to go as far as retirement. I don't put much trust in pension or Social Security these days.
Ouch farwellbooth, I think Iain was just trying to say that he has an idea. Hope it works out for him, especially if he can help old people.
Lately, it seems like people on this board jump on others the first chance they get.

Mahesh

I am getting one of these imported from the UK.

robin.jpg

There is nothing like the pleasure of driving a 3 wheeled Robin-Reliant on the freeways of Los Angeles! I am sure the girls will love it too!

[ QUOTE ]
There is nothing like the pleasure of driving a 3 wheeled Robin-Reliant on the freeways of Los Angeles! I am sure the girls will love it too!

[/ QUOTE ]

I would pay to watch you strut around in that thing!

Reminds me of the gay car that Steve Urkel drove on Family Matters...
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Awesomist? I dare you to use that word with a board of directors after you get your MBA... What's up, you're English and recently finished university? I don't know about England but MBAs are a dime a dozen here...

[/ QUOTE ]

Good thing you're perfect though... right?

What's wrong with a dude having aspirations and goals???? Last time I checked, not only is that a good thing... but it's also the point of this site...

Steve Urkle's car was a BMW Izetta with the door on the front, that will not impress the girls at the beach as much as the Robin!

Ed, what do you mean, I thought we would go down to Huntington and cruise PCH in that!

If USAir suceeds in terminating the pilots pensions, I don't see the pilot group doing anything more to help the airline out. I feel sorry for those guys,they have been totally screwed over since Chap 11......the fact that they have 16 year vets as reserve F/Os on the 737 is sad!

I couldn't get the link to work, but the Pension Benefit Guarantee Corp (PBGC) is a federal organization (like the FDIC) that guarantees pension benefits in the event that a pension plan terminates. I think that it is highly unlikely that US Air employees would wind up with nothing, although they might not get the full amount that they were promised by the company.

www.pbgc.gov

This is the actual one, my friend picked it up today.
smile.gif
smile.gif
He is organizing the shipping right now, it looks like it will be here for the summer (hopefully May!).

agRobin2.jpg

lol, I thought you were being sarcastic when you said that you were importing that car. Is it even street legal in the US?

Back