USAir leaving Tempe,

The Arizona Republic loves to hate Airways. They ran this same article during the AWA-Airways merger and threatened doom and destruction.

The hometown newspaper always harshes on the hometown airline. AJC hates Delta, AZ Republic hates USAirways, etc. I'm sure the Houston "whatever you call it" talks smack about Continited.

Sent from my TRS-80

Doesn't that just laugh in the face of "supporting local businesses"? What gives about the Doug Parker hate train? Is it just because he's a "big evil CEO", or is there more?

Nah, they go from "love fest" to Haterade

We're in this weird competition with Dallas. Phoenix has an inferiority complex with DFW and we're thirsting for our own "rebel airline CEO" like SWA's Herb Kelleher but didn't get it with Parker after the tumble from grace post-DUI.

They were in love with him during the Delta acquisition.

Hell, they were even MORE in love with the "bold, brave moves" of the "rebel airline CEO that rides a Harley to work" Jon Ornstein.

When that fell flat, as well, the business writers at The republic are just gruffaluffagus on all things local in terms of the airline business.

Sent from my TRS-80

Image IS everything, isn't it? Dumb. Why are the employees of USA calling for his head?

The hometown newspaper always harshes on the hometown airline. AJC hates Delta, AZ Republic hates USAirways, etc. I'm sure the Houston "whatever you call it" talks smack about Continited.

Sent from my TRS-80

Oh, you must be talking about the Houston Comical... err... I mean, Chronicle. And yes, they have talked a LOT of smack about United lately, especially after the City of Houston voted in favor of Southwest's plans to build an international terminal at Hobby Airport. They seemed to be really butthurt about losing the HQ during the merger (even though IAH is technically still the largest hub), and never miss a chance to spit venom and vitriol at UAL.

Nah, they go from "love fest" to Haterade

We're in this weird competition with Dallas. Phoenix has an inferiority complex with DFW and we're thirsting for our own "rebel airline CEO" like SWA's Herb Kelleher but didn't get it with Parker after the tumble from grace post-DUI.

They were in love with him during the Delta acquisition.

Hell, they were even MORE in love with the "bold, brave moves" of the "rebel airline CEO that rides a Harley to work" Jon Ornstein.

When that fell flat, as well, the business writers at The republic are just gruffaluf us on all things local in terms of the airline business.

Sent from my TRS-80

Ewww.. Why would anybody have an inferiority complex with Dal-a$$? :)

Interesting how your perspective can alter your perception. AirTran pilots have always felt that the AJC falls all over themselves to worship Delta, while taking every opportunity to remind the public "AirTran Airways, the airline formerly known as ValuJet, whose airplane crashed in the Everglades X years ago...."

Interesting how your perspective can alter your perception. AirTran pilots have always felt that the AJC falls all over themselves to worship Delta, while taking every opportunity to remind the public "AirTran Airways, the airline formerly known as ValuJet, whose airplane crashed in the Everglades X years ago...."

Reminds me of when I was based in DFW. American could run off the end of the runway, and low and behold the local newspaper would run a story about the umpty-umph anniversary of Delta 191.

Reminds me of when I was based in DFW. American could run off the end of the runway, and low and behold the local newspaper would run a story about the umpty-umph anniversary of Delta 191.

Guess they forgot about Delta 1141? Or do they run stories of that one too?

Back