USAIR and GOJETS

Nah, I always tell people that GoJet isn't a good company, and I wouldn't recommend working there, but I'd say the same thing about other companies, as well. The problem I have with the GoJet debate isn't that people are saying not to go there, it's the reasons that they say not to go there. The "scab" word gets thrown around, for example. If people want to talk about crappy pay, bad work rules, and ruthless managers, then please, go right ahead. Those are good things to get out in the open for people trying to make decisions about where to go to work. But claiming that GoJet is some sort of alter-ego, that they're "stealing jobs," that their pilots are pseudo-scabs, or anything else of the like, is just outdated nonsense at this point.
Well versus Skywest it sure seems like you would because even though the employees are treated wildly better they are non-union and therefor lesser.

Maybe you got beat up a little too much at Pinnacle, but you can't possibly argue that GoJets is a good company to go to, can you? Their pay is substandard and their work rules suck as far as I understand. It's a job, but it's not a good job.
No but since someone at ALPA is trying to get GoJet's under the tent it's important to soften your stance for political reasons. First rule of politics, stand for nothing.

Honestly, I don't keep in touch with anyone there, so I don't know enough about their operation to either recommend them or condemn them as a possible employer. It's been over a decade since I worked at Gulfstream 1.0, so my knowledge of their operation is sorely outdated at this point.

You might get a chance to catch up with some of the 'old timers'. Started Saab service into ATL today.

What would you say about silver (gulfstream 2.0)? As long as someone (read: 121 carrier) can do it for "less", they grow.

For the record... Silver's growth is due Delta pulling out of the EAS market and the end of Colgan's flying for United, not necessarily because we were the cheapest. We went head to head with Great Lakes in Montana and won the contract, yet we were more expensive.

All EAS routes. No Delta Connection. All flying under our brand in our livery :)

We do have an interline agreement with Delta for ticketing and baggage transfer, but that is about it.

No axe to grind....the question for whatever reason came to me when reading the thread. Thanks. Flown with a few Gulfstream-ers. Some of them were really nice guys.

Gulfstream was just like any other airline. Some major league tools, and some really great guys. Which category I fall into depends on who you're asking. :)

No but since someone at ALPA is trying to get GoJet's under the tent it's important to soften your stance for political reasons. First rule of politics, stand for nothing.

The ALPA President decided last year that there would be no further organizing initiatives for the foreseeable future. JetBlue was the last. So, in other words, you're dead wrong.

The ALPA President decided last year that there would be no further organizing initiatives for the foreseeable future.

Considering organizing is the lifeblood of the organization, why haven't you on the Executive Council stepped in to tell him he is wrong on stopping organizing?

Considering organizing is the lifeblood of the organization, why haven't you on the Executive Council stepped in to tell him he is wrong on stopping organizing?

I don't know, why didn't you, quitter? ;)

That's a conversation better reserved for in-person, not the interwebs.

Back