USA citizen wants to be a FA in India....

b7474ever

Hello to all. i have few questions regarding being a flight attendant for a foreign airline such as air india or jet airways. since i am usa citizen, do i have to have a indian citizenship to apply for a FA job, or a dual citizenship USA/INDIAN. Can a FA live in usa and work in india? what are the pay scales, schedule, environment..etc all info will be appreciated.

I've looked at Air India's hiring page, and I can't tell what their residency requirements are! They have a .pdf of their actual application on the site, and it asks for education completed, and some other information that honestly I'm not sure what they're asking! Not being familiar with the country, I'm just not sure what it means.

You need to have a right to work to be a FA at Air India. I don't think they'll sponsor you for visa, at least right now. They have in the past. Keep in mind this isn't America -- if you're female and not height to weight proportionate, over 35 or married they likely won't hire you.

Yeah, based on my time abroad. Other countries' flight attendants are usually their form of movie stars. Plus, there's no such thing as dual citizenship in the US if you were born here. The only way is if you were an immigrant, then came here and became a citizen legally. Trust me, I engaged in sham marriages to pay for my ratings.

Back