US Navy plane destroyed in Afghan crash; crew OK

While I was there last summer there were at least 3 reports of MANPAD launches by [type of aircraft deleted ] <TYPE deleted aircraft of>taking off to the north....suspiciously right over the burn pit.

Yeah, and the Dover C-5M cluster had 2 0-5s and an 0-3 up front. The rank on your shoulder doesn't make you impervious to titanic f* ups.

That accident was nothing but a CRM cluster from crew show time (and before hand). There are SO many causal factors in that crash. When you get in the service, head over to the safey office and spend about 30 minutes reading the mishap report. You will shake your head with what you read.

There is always consideration when the flight deck is full of "highly experienced" personnel. Look at the B-52 crash at Fairchild. Full of CCs, OGV, and others. I always say the most dangerous flight is one that is full of evaluators!!!

While I was there last summer there were at least 3 reports of MANPAD launches by [type of aircraft deleted ] <TYPE of aircraft deleted>taking off to the north....suspiciously right over the burn pit.

Would I be correct if the aircraft started with a 'C' and rymed with 'dirty'?

Afghan crash, wha?!

afghan_hound_06a.jpg

Back