US Airways (Piedmont) Flight Benefits

Good advice that I will be sure to keep in mind.

Also, can you list non-rev for more than one flight to different destinations? Not break the rules by buying a refundable ticket and using it to leverage non-rev, but say you are open to LHR or FCO, could you list for two completely diff places at the same time and see how it works out?

You can list for 2 different flights to different destinations or to the same destination. They used to not allow it, but it seems that they do now.

However, you can not buy a ticket and then list for the same flight.

Joe

What Joe said is very very true...I've sat in ORD for like 8hrs once trying to get to DFW.

CLT-PIT
CLT-PHL
CLT-PHX
PHL-PIT

I have found the above city pairs the most difficult from hub to hub (or former hubs)

Then there is the Florida non rev issue. Seats are tight to just about everywhere in Florida and everywhere from Florida. The chances of getting a family of four on any flight involving Florida is currently a challenge. If you are flying by yourself, you have a shot--but it still can be tough. Flying on a buddy pass is just about impossible. Most Florida flights that I see never get the buddy passes on these days.

Joe

Kind of discounts are usually offered on things like rental cars, cruises, and hotels or employees? Is it sometimes pretty substantial or is essentially what anyone could find online at certain sites?

Rental car discounts are about the same as you find online.

The hotel discounts are usually better. Most Marriott higher end properties are pretty generous on their airline employee rates. Always ask what their airline employee rate is when booking or checking on a room.

Joe

Rental car discounts are about the same as you find online.

The hotel discounts are usually better. Most Marriott higher end properties are pretty generous on their airline employee rates. Always ask what their airline employee rate is when booking or checking on a room.

Joe

By the way the HR rep talked today, sounds like you can definitely score some awesome deals with the airline discounts for hotels. She says at most she has ever paid was $40 a night at most... so unless she was exaggerating, that is awesome. She said specifically Embassy Suites are very accommodating.

I know some people may not like, but I think it's awesome that we are mainline priority.

By the way the HR rep talked today, sounds like you can definitely score some awesome deals with the airline discounts for hotels. She says at most she has ever paid was $40 a night at most... so unless she was exaggerating, that is awesome. She said specifically Embassy Suites are very accommodating.

She's exaggerating. In most cases you'll never pay less than $80 for a hotel, and even then it will most likely be a low end La Qunita (spanish for "crappy overnight") or something. Normally hotels.com and the like will give you better deals than things like PERX and other "travel industry" discounts.

Figures haha. She did say she called the hotel themselves directly and asked specifically if they have an airline employee rate, but I knew it was probably too good to be true. Hostels it is! haha

How much does a guest pass generally cost?

So say CLT-PHX and back nonstop?

PHL- DFW and back nonstop?

CAK-CLT and back nonstop?

Or if you could at least give me a general idea of how much these cost.

I am surprised to find how expensive guest passes can be to use sometimes. Not complaining, just wasn't aware. Seems other airlines (WN) have free guest passes (or used to) right? Is this common now to pay or no? Still a nice perk to have no question

I am surprised to find how expensive guest passes can be to use sometimes. Not complaining, just wasn't aware. Seems other airlines (WN) have free guest passes (or used to) right? Is this common now to pay or no? Still a nice perk to have no question

When travelling domestically guest passes are basically worthless. They're good for a 75% or more discount on international flights though.

As for how much things cost, just experiment with city pairs and use "price it" and it will tell you exactly.

Domestic rt coach buddy passes are around $150. But as someone else said, they really aren't able to get on the aircraft these days. I see most buddy pass riders left at the gate.

On the international side, the rt coach buddy passes run about $550-$650. Add another $200-$300 for first or business class. Buddy passes have a pretty good shot at getting on the international routes. However they do embargo those international routes during the high season and buddy passes are not accepted.

Joe

Can someone explain to me how or why this is?
Checking the loads on US travel it shows a certain number of open seats in first class and coach.
Checking the seats on usairways site for pax, the same exact flight on same day, shows 30 more seats and about 8 more first class open.
What;s the about?

Also one more question. I am in the system and able to register for flights, but my parents nor registered guest are. I submitted their info oct 21st at orientation, I have passed my ramp class and all. Is it likely that there is a mistake and they haven't been added, or is it normal for them to take a good deal while longer? I've been in since Oct 28th... I emailed the travel guys but haven't heard back yet.

Checking the loads on US travel it shows a certain number of open seats in first class and coach.
Checking the seats on usairways site for pax, the same exact flight on same day, shows 30 more seats and about 8 more first class open.
What;s the about?

Also one more question. I am in the system and able to register for flights, but my parents nor registered guest are. I submitted their info oct 21st at orientation, I have passed my ramp class and all. Is it likely that there is a mistake and they haven't been added, or is it normal for them to take a good deal while longer? I've been in since Oct 28th... I emailed the travel guys but haven't heard back yet.
You need to add them yourself and make them logins on travel.USAir

Also, they are authorized to sell more seats than are actually available. That could account for that difference.

What;s the about?

It can take a while for registered guests and family to show up. They have to run some verification stuff first. Back in the day it could take upwards of a month to get them in the system.

As far as seats go, every flight is authorized to be oversold by a certain amount. If you are in the non rev system you can see the numbers. The CRJ flights used to say something like "Seats Available: 10/50" "Seats Authorized 53/50", which means there were 10 seats open on the flight but they can sell it to 53 seats because normally 3 people no show for that flight.

What;s the about?

Never, ever trust seat maps on public websites (US.com, AA.com, etc). Reason being is that a certain percentage of seats are not available for pre-assignment, or are upsell seats for revenue travelers (choice seats, preferred, main cabin extra).

Sometimes it takes a while for the travel guys to get things in the system. Employees are fast because your data exists, but dependents have to come through a few other systems first.

Back