US Airways Mainline Flowthrough Meeting

Now that USAir is represented by USAPA it is not in the financial interest of ALPA for PSA/PDT to flow. I'm not sure whether or not that will affect the way that ALPA handles the flow-through negotiations, but it is a fact nonetheless.

Now that USAir is represented by USAPA it is not in the financial interest of ALPA for PSA/PDT to flow. I'm not sure whether or not that will affect the way that ALPA handles the flow-through negotiations, but it is a fact nonetheless.

Actually, it's a wash. For every pilot that flows through, PSA/PDT is gonna have to hire someone to replace them.....

Actually, it's a wash. For every pilot that flows through, PSA/PDT is gonna have to hire someone to replace them.....

Thanks for pointing that out. I hadn't considered that companies hire to replace people who leave...:rolleyes:

Seriously, you are going to have pilots with 10+ years seniority (greater incomes) flowing up. You will replace them with more junior pilots who make less money. ALPA's cut is percentage based, so yes it makes a difference.

It will all trickle down to faster upgrade times and thereby more first year F/Os - who incidently pay absolutely nothing to the union.

Not that I think ALPA is an evil money grubbing organization that will stop at nothing to protect its income, I would like to be able to hope that the guys in charge of this particular agenda are honest men who will represent the wishes of the wholly-owned pilots. I just don't know what to expect given the circumstances.

Thanks for pointing that out. I hadn't considered that companies hire to replace people who leave...:rolleyes:

Seriously, you are going to have pilots with 10+ years seniority (greater incomes) flowing up. You will replace them with more junior pilots who make less money. ALPA's cut is percentage based, so yes it makes a difference

Over-simplification. Odds are the guys that are 10+ years probably aren't going to flow through. Why? QoL hits. If you've got a good line, half the month off and making good money, why take a pay cut to go back to being on reserve and having 10 days off. Most of the guys here at Pinnacle that have been here 10+ years aren't going anywhere. Your flow through guys are gonna be in the 3-5 year range.....and they'll be replaced by FOs that upgrade to take their spots. I don't see it as the huge money dip you do, I guess.

Seriously, you are going to have pilots with 10+ years seniority (greater incomes) flowing up. You will replace them with more junior pilots who make less money. ALPA's cut is percentage based, so yes it makes a difference.

It will all trickle down to faster upgrade times and thereby more first year F/Os - who incidently pay absolutely nothing to the union.

Not that I think ALPA is an evil money grubbing organization that will stop at nothing to protect its income, I would like to be able to hope that the guys in charge of this particular agenda are honest men who will represent the wishes of the wholly-owned pilots. I just don't know what to expect given the circumstances.

I'm not sure who exactly you think "ALPA" is, but I can tell you that the people actually RUNNING the negotiations are not the "ALPA" you are talking about. From the PSA side of things the people at the meeting were the MEC chair and two guys from the negotiating committee. There were ALPA Staffers there, but somehow I doubt they were running the show.

Back