US Airways furloughs?

TheOneMarine

So whats the word from Airways mainline? Haven't heard much lately on their 300 furloughs and a few pilots low on the pole I have spoken to haven't either. Supposed to start in September. Anyone know whats up?

Probably a stupid question:

I am of the understanding that the seniority lists have not been integrated. Nic made his opinion, but it was never adopted. If this is the case, and the seniority lists are not integrated, how will the furloughs go? Do West pilots get the ax, or will it be East guys, or will it simply be the newest 300 guys (assuming LCC has hired 300 since the merger)? How will this work?

Sorry if this doesn't make sense, but I think one of the big USAPA DOH points of view was furlough protection.

Second question: If there is a dissproportianate amount of West Furloughs, what kind of revolt will take place? Do you ever foresee an instance where all 1800 or so West guys would walk?

Probably a stupid question:

I am of the understanding that the seniority lists have not been integrated. Nic made his opinion, but it was never adopted. If this is the case, and the seniority lists are not integrated, how will the furloughs go? Do West pilots get the ax, or will it be East guys, or will it simply be the newest 300 guys (assuming LCC has hired 300 since the merger)? How will this work?

Sorry if this doesn't make sense, but I think one of the big USAPA DOH points of view was furlough protection.

Second question: If there is a dissproportianate amount of West Furloughs, what kind of revolt will take place? Do you ever foresee an instance where all 1800 or so West guys would walk?

It's not a stupid question. It's all confusing. I believe the furlough list was mixed with east losing something like 175 pilots and west losing the rest. How these numbers came to be is something someone like Ethan might be able to answer better than I.

The planned numbers were 125 from the east and 175 from the west. As of yet they haven't made official announcements of what day anything would start. There was a pretty convincing story for a while that they probably wouldn't furlough anywhere near that number and were just pushing USAPA's buttons to see how they would respond.

The planned numbers were 125 from the east and 175 from the west. As of yet they haven't made official announcements of what day anything would start. There was a pretty convincing story for a while that they probably wouldn't furlough anywhere near that number and were just pushing USAPA's buttons to see how they would respond.

Ah, right numbers, wrong order.

Any recent word on how USAPA reacted and what the new numbers will be, if any? What are the chances that with things calming slightly that they would decide to hold off on furloughs and wait to see what happens?

I have a couple of buddies that have "heard" September 1st, but haven't gotten anything in writing.

Ah, right numbers, wrong order.

Any recent word on how USAPA reacted and what the new numbers will be, if any? What are the chances that with things calming slightly that they would decide to hold off on furloughs and wait to see what happens?

uSAPa hasn't reacted at all because they're happy with the results. The West pilots are getting screwed just like uSAPa wants it. If the Nic award had been implemented as it should have been, then the West pilots wouldn't be getting furloughed in these numbers. Once again, uSAPa proves to be a despicable organization.

uSAPa hasn't reacted at all because they're happy with the results. The West pilots are getting screwed just like uSAPa wants it. If the Nic award had been implemented as it should have been, then the West pilots wouldn't be getting furloughed in these numbers. Once again, uSAPa proves to be a despicable organization.

Wow.

The thing that makes me sad is you see this as spouting facts.

If the Nic award had been implemented, what would the numbers have been roughly? Will the AWAPA guys do something heinous if the 175 West guys are F'd?

If the Nic award had been implemented, what would the numbers have been roughly? Will the AWAPA guys do something heinous if the 175 West guys are F'd?

I have a copy of the combined list, but it doesn't differentiate between old AWA and old AAA, so I can't figure out the exact numbers. I've been told that it would have been mostly East pilots getting furloughed if the Nic had been implemented. Remember, the East still had pilots on furlough when the PID was established for the integration, so those pilots got put on the bottom of the list. So if the Nic had been implemented, they would have been furloughed again before West pilots. I doubt AWAPA will do much about the furloughs. They're already refusing to pay dues, so that's about as much as can be done.

I have a copy of the combined list, but it doesn't differentiate between old AWA and old AAA, so I can't figure out the exact numbers. I've been told that it would have been mostly East pilots getting furloughed if the Nic had been implemented. Remember, the East still had pilots on furlough when the PID was established for the integration, so those pilots got put on the bottom of the list. So if the Nic had been implemented, they would have been furloughed again before West pilots. I doubt AWAPA will do much about the furloughs. They're already refusing to pay dues, so that's about as much as can be done.

I think they have to pay shop-fees by law. What is USAPA doing about this. Have any of the AWAPA guys been hasseled about it?

I think they have to pay shop-fees by law.

Not by law, but by contract. However, do you really think the company is going to terminate 1800 pilots for not paying dues, just because uSAPa complains about it? Fat chance.

What is USAPA doing about this. Have any of the AWAPA guys been hasseled about it?

uSAPa is demanding that the company initiate terminations against the AWA pilots that are refusing to pay dues. So far, no response from the company. Of course, the company has no choice but to ignore uSAPa's demands, because they can't just fire 1800 pilots, and they can't only terminate some of them because that would be discriminatory practice. Either they fire all of them, or none of them. uSAPa has no chance of forcing this issue.

Not by law, but by contract. However, do you really think the company is going to terminate 1800 pilots for not paying dues, just because uSAPa complains about it? Fat chance.

uSAPa is demanding that the company initiate terminations against the AWA pilots that are refusing to pay dues. So far, no response from the company. Of course, the company has no choice but to ignore uSAPa's demands, because they can't just fire 1800 pilots, and they can't only terminate some of them because that would be discriminatory practice. Either they fire all of them, or none of them. uSAPa has no chance of forcing this issue.

Someone wrote on another thread that when APA broke from ALPA, ALPA let some of the ones that didn't support the move remain ALPA. Can ALPA accept dues from AWAPA like that?

Someone wrote on another thread that when APA broke from ALPA, ALPA let some of the ones that didn't support the move remain ALPA. Can ALPA accept dues from AWAPA like that?

ALPA no longer has a membership option for that sort of situation. If it did, I would still be a member. The Executive Council has been working on creating some new category of membership for these sorts of situations, along with a possible "junior member" category for student pilots, but they've been too busy to make much progress on it.

Back