US Airways Application

pavelump

Oh what a joy!

The theme of this application is stated on each question page. Hope you don't mess it up!!!

Please read the question carefully and select your answer. You will not be able to change your answer once it is submitted.)

Well, I think I messed it up somehow. Doh!

Now, my only option (it seems) is to stay with my flawed application. I thought maybe I could just click the "Withdraw from Consideration" button and start over, but when I click that it says,

"You are about to withdraw from consideration for this position. You will not be able to reapply for the same requisition and this will eliminate your chances for consideration. Click "OK" to remove yourself from further consideration, Click "Cancel" to remain in consideration."

Yowza! That sounds serious!

Any thoughts on reapplying using a different email address? Some of the questions were kind of confusing and I didn't realize that I had answered incorrectly until it was too late.

I went back through the app process again and copied down the questions so that maybe other people won't have the same problem. (See attached .pdf file)

Attachments

• usair.pdf
    82 KB · Views: 603
Yeah, watch out for that "...have you flown for a FAR Part 121/91 Corporate flight department" question.

Heaven forbid you read it too quickly, see FAR 121 and say yes.

Hope they like the two N/A's that followed.

But anyway - good luck to anyone who applied.

Yeah, I think I blew that one... Seems really strange not having the ability to review your answers. Also, the manner in which they come one at a time led me to put down something that I thought was right, but upon reading a later question, I realized that I had put the wrong thing.

I tried starting a new application with a different email address, but it recognized that I had already submitted an application.

x2 What pavelump said. Different email doesn't work.

I've seen so many website glitches, multiple open/closed at same time apps.....the list goes on.
Even trying asking for confirmation/help from website people-it just doesn't help to get 1 or 2 line sentence answers that don't clarify anything.

APC is listing this as mins now. Can anyone confirm if this is true?

3,000 Turbine Time
300 Turbine PIC
Four-year degree
400TT in the past 12 months

What exactly does this one mean? "Can you perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation?"

Absolute worst application process ever. I was shocked to see something that actually made AirlineApps.com seem well designed.

APC is listing this as mins now. Can anyone confirm if this is true?

3,000 Turbine Time
300 Turbine PIC
Four-year degree
400TT in the past 12 months

The posting on their jobs website doesn't show that. And the last one was started back in May.
Who knows though. Watch as soon as I say that it will happen. Knowing their website I also will never get an update notice either, and if it does....it will be mixed in with who knows what/where.

well the good news is that in a few months they are probably going with airline apps. Bad news is that you'll have to go through the AA interview.

skyw82 said:
well the good news is that in a few months they are probably going with airline apps. Bad news is that you'll have to go through the AA interview.

Can't think like that.

Stay hungry, don't be afraid. I think Id prefer to go through an AA interview process.

A friend of mine went into a 300+ word rant on FB about this application process today.

Can't think like that.

Stay hungry, don't be afraid. I think Id prefer to go through an AA interview process.

I already did go through the AA interview process... At least that's what they told me when I got hired at Eagle. Haha!

I believe it went something like this, "We're not hiring Eagle pilots...we're hiring future AA pilots."

:rolleyes:

pavelump said:
I already did go through the AA interview process... At least that's what they told me when I got hired at Eagle. Haha!

I believe it went something like this, "We're not hiring Eagle pilots...we're hiring future AA pilots."

:rolleyes:

"Yeah...uh...about that..."

Back