Updates from the JC/SLC Ski Week!

Corbin exists! I saw him with my own eyes, talked to him, shook his hand ... there really is a Corbin! He is not a myth like the "vast right-wing conspiracy"!!

Seriously, the ski trip was a terrific time. Really enjoyed meeting a bunch of terrific folks ... John Herreshoff, skibum515, stultus, and montanapilot ... my fellow guests in the JC condo. A fabulous time was had by all. Also got to meet Ophir over dinner at PF Chang's on Thursday night and fly22 and TheWife on Saturday night for dinner at the cabin. Michelle was a terrific host and we all had a great time up there.

And YES, Utah really does have "the greatest snow on earth"! Planning is already underway for SkiJC 2005 ... be there!

Russ

Sorry I didn't meet up with you guys more. When the intial planning was happening I didn't have a job. Now my days off are Tuesday/Wednesday, not great for meeting people over the weekend. Nonetheless, it was great to meet you all and it sounds like the weekend was a tremendous sucess.

Stultus, sorry I didn't get ahold of you yesterday, i was swamped. Plus I had to take my car in for service and that left me without skis. Talk to you soon. -C

Yeah, guys, I'm sorry that I didn't get a chance to get out there with you folks. Duty called, and the trip to SIN was cool, but I definitely wish I could have made some turns with you all.

How was the condo? Was it everything it was supposed to be? And you didn't trash it, did you? Kimberley's got another check for $400 from me.

grin.gif

Tony, you missed a HECK of a good time ... the condo was terrific and a very short walk to the slopes at Park City, pretty much an ideal situation for us. We cleaned up quite nicely before we left yesterday, so Kimberley should be happy about that. Superior work on your part getting that place set up ... I'm just sorry you weren't able to enjoy the fruits of your labor. John, Emily, Mat, Kelly, and I sure appreciated it though! We're already talking about SkiJC 2005 and we will take no excuses from you this time!!!

Russ

Skibum515 and Stultus took a bunch of pictures, Doug, and they'll be posted online with a link in the near future, I'm sure. I'm looking forward to seeing them myself!

Russ

I had a blizzard between me and Michelle's Saturday night. Pissed I mised it but after having a near miss and seeing half a dozen SUV's slide off the road I wasn't even going to attempt Parley's Canyon. If someone so much as spits on the road my car curls up into a ball and cries for mommy. Hope everyone had fun. The skiing must have been insane.

Pictures will be up later this evening along with a few stories.

Greg, sorry we never hooked up dude! Things were kind of whirlwind this weekend and it never seemed to work out. Really wish we could have hooked up.

Speaking of cars curling up and crying, our original rental car actually slid backwards down the hill going up to where the condo was. Good times.

Cheers

John Herreshoff

Speaking of Corbain I ran into both of them at Supertarget last night. What a small world we live in.

Not only does he exist but he's cool.

Nice meeting all of you.

Ophir I'm still serious about the gig in FL.

That was so biazrre! And of course I looked like crap cause I'm all sick now. Your girlfriend is gorgeous! (I don't mean that in a lesbian kind of way)Oh and what was REALLY bizarre about it is that we NEVER get to go to Target cause we live in Springville, but we were in Orem so took advantage of not having to go to Walmart!

I'm sorry you missed it! That blizzard was INSANE! I think it's the biggest I have ever seen. You are still only 45 minutes from us though-we can have lunch or something any time!

You all were a great funny group of people!! I had a lot of fun. And we didn't even have to "flush" any converstations! I can't wait to see you all again!

[ QUOTE ]
That was so biazrre! And of course I looked like crap cause I'm all sick now. Your girlfriend is gorgeous! (I don't mean that in a lesbian kind of way)

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you don't think of her that way.

I was engaged to her but had to call it off due to flying
grin.gif
, no I'm serious. I think we'll still get hitched. She makes bank so she can pay for my flying. Of course thats not why I'll marry her but its tempting.

Wal-Mart is a perfect example of how we Americans want two things that are mutually exclusive. We want low prices, so Wal-Mart has to squeeze their suppliers. When they do that, then a lot of them ship their jobs overseas. We really can't compete when someone in China makes something for a quarter an hour versus our wages.

And then we bitch and moan about how jobs are being shipped overseas.

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe it was another allegedly "immaculate" conception--happens every day!

[/ QUOTE ]

The Immaculate Conception was the conception of Mary, not Jesus.

[ QUOTE ]

Stultus, sorry I didn't get ahold of you yesterday, i was swamped. Plus I had to take my car in for service and that left me without skis. Talk to you soon. -C

[/ QUOTE ]

No problemo, man. It was great to meet you and now I've got another excuse to return to Utah.

As luck would have it, I had car problems that day myself...ran over nail between the airport and my buddy's place and had to put the donut on in the rain and drive 50 mph on the socal freeways all the way home.
crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
The Immaculate Conception was the conception of Mary, not Jesus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

Read what you just wrote.

Back