Unusul Attitude Recovery

No way, really. The main problem is that there is a vast chasm between those who produce aerodynamic literature and those who produce pilot training material.

I think there is one option and probably more that I have not come up with. But talk with the local CFIs in your area and set up a ground school and maybe a couple flights to go with it to demonstrate. You would have to probably work with your fellow CFIs to understand the stuff to teach it. But for the complex stuff you would look at a book like Flight Theory For Pilots by Charles E. Dole and for a practical no math book Emergency Maneuver Training mentioned in my other posts.

Though I still recommend you and your fellow CFIs take the time to really work through and understand Dole. The descriptions are tough you need a fairly thorough understanding of basic physics and been through calc at some point. The formulas are given you won't have to remember all the calc rules, but having a good math background will make this simpler.

If you can teach this effectively your fellow CFIs or to a group of students through a classroom they will see a whole new side of flight. How it all works is actually pretty incredible. Learn dole and I guarantee you the next flight you have after (and often many flights while learning) you learned dole you will experience at least one thing that you now recognize that you never even noticed in all your flying years. Not to mention all the things you did recognize but never fully understood are now easily explained.

Taught properly with some math but more the basic understanding and the fun aerobatic understanding really broaden fellow pilots and new students understanding. (My opinion of course)

Good luck if anyone does start working on it by all means post a thread and ask questions about it. I am sure between us here on this forum we can explain anything in those book.

I teach power idle/full. Thing is that when I do the unusual attitudes I sometimes leave the power in with the pitch up or pull it when descending. I do this so they don't get into a habit of using engine noise for initial recovery. It is fun watching my students pull the power to idle and stall us when pitched up.

Back