Unusual, But Nice to See

Vyse

BirchJet CA
Was just watching tonight's local TV news in my area...they devoted not just one story, but an entire news segment to current aviation news.

Story 1 was talking about what airlines were doing to save on fuel costs-retiring older planes, cutting back on weight, etc. Interview with some Japan Airlines guy about how they're redesigning their silverware to save weight.

Story 2 was about how small jets are no longer feasible in today's market but that "larger" small jets such as the Bombadier C series might be, some European airline ordered 30 of them, footage from Farnsborough and the interior of a C Series, interviewed some Bombadier guy.

Story 3 was more the usual "file footage" stuff you see in news, about Qantas' cutbacks, American Airlines downsizing, and one other airline I forget.

It was all stuff we are familiar with but still good to see nonetheless on TV.

Thats pretty cool! I hate watching most aviation news on the TV because even though I am a complete "noob" to this, I can still pick out a lot of the mistakes in the news segment. JC is much better for aviation news.

I wish there was a channel dedicated to aviation news...websites are ehh okeys but it would be neat to see a avnews channel. With people who actually know what they are talking about...CNN/Fox/MSNBC reporters usually have no clue what they are talking about...

I also wish they wouldnt have changed the Wings channel to the Military channel..."Learning To Fly" was an inspirational show, and I never saw the end of that girl's (Kyle was her name??) training.

There is a market for this, isnt there??

Robbie

And it's funny to see the news reports on CBS and NBC like the nightly news, when they go to an aviation story, the old file footage stuff shows up with 727s and old color schemes show up...

And it's funny to see the news reports on CBS and NBC like the nightly news, when they go to an aviation story, the old file footage stuff shows up with 727s and old color schemes show up...

Reminds me of how, in reports about violent videogames, they still show footage from the original Doom.

Back