Unnecessary radio transmissions?

I'll say hey to the controllers I know if it's not busy, otherwise, it's only the required transmissions. Of course I can't usually tell one persons voice from another, so they usually have to say something first anyway. And I wouldn't even think of giving another pilot crap on the radio. I can screw up just as easily - and it's terribly unprofessional.

:yeahthat::yeahthat:

On a side note I've always wanted to tell a controller after missing a call "say again I was on the air-line"...get it? haha...ha?

LOL. One time after making a takeoff announcement to the cabin, I was answering an ammended taxi clearance by ground and I accidentally left my "Pax" button pressed in. The FA dinged the cockpit and say "uh..you guys are making your radio calls to the cabin.." The captain did his best to supress a smirk :p

I accidentally did this the other day "RWY 31 cleared for takeoff, XXX 1234" ...oops!

How about making your ready for take off PA on ATL tower freq. Not saying that I did that, but I've heard that somebody did that once. They were probably embarrassed or something.

How about making your ready for take off PA on ATL tower freq. Not saying that I did that, but I've heard that somebody did that once. They were probably embarrassed or something.

Somebody did that in EWR once. Tower immediately jumped on and said, "Nobody make fun of him, yet!" He cleared about 3 airplanes to land, then said, "Ok, let him have it!"

I havent done that one yet, but I have told the pax we are holding short ready to go.

Back