University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC)

ahmed

Hi,

Any knowledge about UIUC and their professional pilot program? I'm interested because for the first 2 years I finish my general ed courses and pilot ratings; then spend the next 2 working on my major. In the end I could have my ratings and a degree in something related to Economics which is my backup. Is the school pretty selective? I heard its one of the better public universities.

Also any information on the AFROTC detachment there is appreciated.

Make sure you apply to UIUC VERY early. The program fills up very quickly there. The program closed before I could even be reviewed.

Thanks for the link, mavsfan.

Make sure you apply to UIUC VERY early. The program fills up very quickly there. The program closed before I could even be reviewed.

How early is "very early"? :confused: I'm not a senior yet so if you could let me know when you applied vs. when they closed I'd appreciate it.

I'd figure that if you submitted your application by mid October, you'd be good. The earlier the better, though.

Apply by the beginning of october. It is a fairly tough school to get into, most students are in the top 10% of there class with higher 20 ACT scores. While it is a public university, the price is on par with most private schools. I know they have an amazing engineering program, don't know about there aviation one though.

Back