University of Alaska-Anchorage

Great school, end of debate.

Then again I think UND, Purdue, WM, MTSU, and Embry are all great schools. If you like the school go for it. Oh, and yes, flying in Alaska is what we all call... WAY COOL! (and frozen). :drool:

Great school, end of debate.

Then again I think UND, Purdue, WM, MTSU, and Embry are all great schools. If you like the school go for it. Oh, and yes, flying in Alaska is what we all call... WAY COOL! (and frozen). :drool:
I'm sure flying there would be tremendous! But, would flying time be an issue due to the harsh weather?

Its too expensive (IMHO) and they don't fly that much compared to the local FBOs up here. Shortage of instructors, etc. Talk to ASPilot2Be.

Its too expensive (IMHO) and they don't fly that much compared to the local FBOs up here. Shortage of instructors, etc. Talk to ASPilot2Be.
It's the cheapest aviation school I've actually been able to find besides for UCM, which is because it's in-state for me.

It's the cheapest aviation school I've actually been able to find besides for UCM, which is because it's in-state for me.

I went to UAA for two years before I decided to move down here to juneau, its not a good school. It has its moments, but I don't recommend it when contrasted to UAS (think infinitely better). CMSU, or UCM, is a good school, and its in state. If you want to come up here to learn to fly, I wouldn't do it at UAA, I'd do it at Take Flight Alaska, YYC, or at UAF for the Associates degree. Just my 2 cents.

I did all of my flight training for less than $30,000 by going through the local FBOs and the like. PM me if you'd like more details.

Our flight school part is not cheap. We are paying $155 an hour for a C-172, and another $42 an hour for the instructor. Plus some of the policies seem wierd, especially when it comes to the weather.

However I am enjoying the instructing I am getting here. I feel like it is a solid education, but like ppragman said, it is expensive.

ever looked into Middle Georiga College?

They are about 20 a year and have pilot and air traffic control programs.

Well then, maybe UAA isn't all that it's been made up to be. I have some friends that were telling me it's the shiatt. :dunno:
UCM here I come! :cwm27:

Well then, maybe UAA isn't all that it's been made up to be. I have some friends that were telling me it's the shiatt. :dunno:
UCM here I come! :cwm27:
Now dont get me wrong, it is a good school. You would get a good education here, but the flight department is alittle strange.

Back