United's New Livery!

BoeingDrew

United\'s New Livery!

This is the new paint scheme that United will be painting their fleet with! I think it looks GREAT!! What do you guys think?
n775ua-new.jpg.36536.jpg

Re: United\'s New Livery!

Weak. Very ho-hum. It's just not a very creative design, save for the tail--which was lifted straight from the Ted livery. Honestly, it looks like it was designed by what we used to call VIPs--Visually Illiterate People--back when I worked in advertising. I get this visual of a bunch of MBAs around a conference room table (a la The Apprentice) tossing out design ideas or using one of those aircraft paint scheme design programs for biz jets. My idea of a creative livery is that of Song or the SkyWest or Comair anniversary liveries, or Delta's Salt Lake 2002 Olympics liveries.

United new paint scheme.

Why?

There was nothing wrong with the old one, and even further, nothing wrong with the red/orange stripes over white older scheme.

Make some money first, then drop cash on "niceities"..

[ QUOTE ]
United new paint scheme.

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe United thinks passengers actually care about the paint scheme of the aircraft they are riding in.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
From what I've read, this will actually saves United money. This is fact because, United has to send aircraft in for D-checks to get repainted anyway. Except, instead of painting it in the more complex, and expensive "old" paint scheme, they paint it in the cheaper and simpler "new" scheme.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
From what I've read, this will actually saves United money. This is fact because, United has to send aircraft in for D-checks to get repainted anyway. Except, instead of painting it in the more complex, and expensive "old" paint scheme, they paint it in the cheaper and simpler "new" scheme.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the "old-old" paint scheme would've been simpler and cheaper.

It would just be even cheaper if they would do what AA does & have bare metal. It also is environmentally friendly with what AA does. But anyway, it's ok. UA's new livery reminds me of jetBlue's livery. The only thing they really did was change the colors. The design is just about the same except for the tail.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
United new paint scheme.

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe United thinks passengers actually care about the paint scheme of the aircraft they are riding in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather ride on a profitable ugly plane than a pretty "about-to-not-exist-anymore" airplane that's not making a dime....

[ QUOTE ]
It would just be even cheaper if they would do what AA does & have bare metal. It also is environmentally friendly with what AA does. But anyway, it's ok. UA's new livery reminds me of jetBlue's livery. The only thing they really did was change the colors. The design is just about the same except for the tail.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually AA's cost of buffing an entire aircraft costs alot of money. As I understand it, they do it for the weight savings and the image that they have always carried.

[ QUOTE ]
Actually AA's cost of buffing an entire aircraft costs alot of money. As I understand it, they do it for the weight savings and the image that they have always carried.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please read the following. The middle paragraph is most important.
[ QUOTE ]

You have probably noticed that unlike other carriers, the exteriors of American’s aircraft are mostly unpainted. Way back in the 1930s, the leaders of this airline chose polishing over painting, and that decision produces benefits to this day. At that time, the Douglas DC-3 — developed specifically for American — was the workhorse of our fleet, and the original decision not to paint that aircraft was mostly about looks. While other carriers’ planes sported fancy, painted-on designs, American’s leaders preferred the elegant look of the DC-3’s unadorned aluminum skin.

The decision not to paint our fleet turned out to be a smart one, for reasons that go well beyond the cosmetic. For one thing, flying unpainted aircraft saves us a lot of money in fuel expense, since not adding paint makes an aircraft lighter — and lighter aircraft burn less fuel. On top of that, chipped or peeling paint can increase a plane’s wind resistance, reducing fuel efficiency. Because it takes less time to polish than to strip and repaint, the decision not to paint has also saved us a lot of labor and materials expense over the years. And since it is easier to find corrosion or dents when there is no paint covering an airplane’s surface, there is a safety benefit. Finally, polishing instead of painting is a good choice for the environment, because stripping paint can create a waste disposal problem.

Unfortunately, we cannot avoid paint altogether. We paint those parts of our airplanes that are made of composite materials, as well as areas particularly prone to corrosion. In these instances, we use coatings low in volatile organic compounds almost exclusively, so the paint is as environmentally friendly as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
This is the new paint scheme that United will be painting their fleet with! I think it looks GREAT!! What do you guys think?
n775ua-new.jpg.36536.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish they used silver instead of all that white...
It looks like a HUGE jet-blue airplane..

I saw some of the other Ideas for the paint..and I have to say, this was my least favorite

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
United new paint scheme.

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather ride on a profitable ugly plane than a pretty "about-to-not-exist-anymore" airplane that's not making a dime....

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

I think they should've kept their orange, red, and blue striping around the middle of the plane instead of the light blue fading.

But I agree, why are they spending money repainting their aircraft? And what was wrong with their "old old" colors?

-Jay

Even though I think that livery is nice, check these schemes out.....Retro is tight!!!!!!!!
These are in order from the ones i like the most to least!
Put them in the order you like them (1=favorite, 6=least favorite) Number 1 is the new livery that they chose, and 2 is the current.
777main4.jpg

spire2.jpg

starsnbars.jpg

bass3204.jpg

Back