United Pilot Career Expo?

Friends of mine have gotten the invite to the job fair, Hogan pretty soon after, then interview offer day after Hogan.
As I’ve opined elsewhere, while you would have to hold a gun to my head to get me to run pilot selection, the one thing I’d never waive if I were is a personality inventory and assessment.

Do any of the larger airlines NOT sue a personality assessment?

I have thought about it for sure. Gonna have to replenish my savings after buying a house before I even think about that first year pay though. That’s about a 60% paycut. Def something I’ll be looking at around the end of the year if nothing else shakes out.

I hear about the first year pay all the time, If you are at a regional right now, and have any consideration for the likes of NK and F9 you need to apply now, both are going through huge growth right now and seniority is everything. Beg, borrow or steal enough $$$ to get you through first year. Beyond that you should be ahead for the rest of your career all while enjoying better QOL. We just started a hiring wave at NK, 50+ a month "for the foreseeable future" was the exact quote from the System CP, classes are full through the end of summer. The time is now! if you were to get in a September class, you'd have 150 people junior to you by Christmas.

Went last September. Everyone else I know that went received an invite shortly after to take the hogan. I think someone was just being nice in inviting me. I felt like I was probably the least qualified person there. Im also a CommutAir guy and its pretty much known that you cant get to United outside of the CPP unless you flew AF1 or AF2.

I hear about the first year pay all the time, If you are at a regional right now, and have any consideration for the likes of NK and F9 you need to apply now, both are going through huge growth right now and seniority is everything. Beg, borrow or steal enough $$$ to get you through first year. Beyond that you should be ahead for the rest of your career all while enjoying better QOL. We just started a hiring wave at NK, 50+ a month "for the foreseeable future" was the exact quote from the System CP, classes are full through the end of summer. The time is now! if you were to get in a September class, you'd have 150 people junior to you by Christmas.
Yeah, while the $57.07 is a real pain in the butt, it's not a reason to not make the jump, honestly.

Am in the beg/borrow/steal mode myself; would recommend, and the end is in sight.

Went last September. Everyone else I know that went received an invite shortly after to take the hogan. I think someone was just being nice in inviting me. I felt like I was probably the least qualified person there. Im also a CommutAir guy and its pretty much known that you cant get to United outside of the CPP unless you flew AF1 or AF2.

What questions were asked? I’ve heard it was mostly “tell me about yourself,””walk me through your resume,” and “why United?”

Any other advice?

What questions were asked? I’ve heard it was mostly “tell me about yourself,””walk me through your resume,” and “why United?”

Any other advice?

Thats pretty much it. Questions were asked based on the resume placed in front of them. Everyone will be in their suit and tie.

Back