United Enrolled Friend Fees, be careful.

Huh...now that I do the math, it's still all sorts of messed up. I should've been charged for 660 some-odd in imputed income, but I've only been charged 99 YTD. Oh well, I'll wait to see what they do at the end of the year and figure it out then.

Wow! Sounds like a sucha pain in the ass! I'd rather just pay the fees up front.
Imputed income is a very nasty, messy way of administering pass travel, I think — having had both systems (Delta-style, you pay a yield fare for your companion, and American-style, "THIS IS INCOME AND YOU VILL PAY!") there's definitely one that I like more than the other.

You need to call someone, because that's not how it is supposed to work. SkyWest's own internal communication regarding imputed income is correct with how it's supposed to work.

I just looked at my pay stub and this imputed income is being taken directly out of my pay.

Why are you telling me? Call someone. Make sure you're reading your stub correctly first though.

I'm not telling you specifically. I'm just echoing what others have said that it is being deducted directly from their pay meaning its not an isolated issue. Also if its being deducted directly from pay then your explanation of how it works could be incorrect although it was the same understanding I had as well.

Delta has a third option which is for domestic partners. They don't charge yield fare, but add up all of the yield fare that would have been charged during the year and add it as income at the end of the year on those employees' W-2 forms.
Imputed income is a very nasty, messy way of administering pass travel, I think — having had both systems (Delta-style, you pay a yield fare for your companion, and American-style, "THIS IS INCOME AND YOU VILL PAY!") there's definitely one that I like more than the other.

Delta has a third option which is for domestic partners. They don't charge yield fare, but add up all of the yield fare that would have been charged during the year and add it as income at the end of the year on those employees' W-2 forms.
How mine is set up (Connection pilot here) is the "buy yield fare ticket" option. Is this something that you can elect, though? (I currently don't have an income tax liability problem.)

Yeah I have the same (mainline) for my fiancee. It's okay for short legs, but can get pricy for long legs like Hawaii or Intl. I can't wait to get rid of that yield fare in March!
How mine is set up (Connection pilot here) is the "buy yield fare ticket" option. Is this something that you can elect, though? (I currently don't have an income tax liability problem.)

Back