Union Dues Deducted From My Check

Firebird2XC

Yep. Just looked at my mid-month pay stub. My first ALPA dues withdrawal is on it.

Score.

For somewhere around $50 a month, I get a massive, comprehensive help network for my job. Access to trainined aeromedical advice, legal consult, etc.

Seems like the best job insurance I could ask for. Score.

Oh.. yeah.. First check on the second year pay rate. Not an overblock check, but man was it nice to see my paycheck spike like that!

:nana2::nana2:

Just wanted to share some happy thoughts. :)

I'm pretty sure you got access to all that on probation too. Also I agree about second year pay, mine went from something like $23/hr to $34/hr...I worked a LOT that month!! :D

Yeah - you've had access to all of it for a while. ;)

Not that I can't manage my money on $23 an hour, but it will sure be nice to see $35 an hour.

True, true, I had access to all that stuff in the first year as well...

.. but this go-round I know that I've got access to Grievance rights, which is a nice feeling. Knowing that I can't be summarily canned without having something to say about it is peace of mind.

I snagged an invitation to a major charity ball tonight, too, so I'm having a damned fine day.

Always a great day when I know I get to bust out the tux... :D

I'm pretty sure you got access to all that on probation too. Also I agree about second year pay, mine went from something like $23/hr to $34/hr...I worked a LOT that month!! :D

I'm already on the hook for as much overtime as I could find.

My first of the year check is gonna ROCK! :)

Tell us more about this overtime.:D (We put in for the same sweet three day but he is more senior to me so he got it.)

Maybe not. OT requests are first come, first serve, I understand. I think I was just faster. I was on it near instantly as soon as the window opened.

Gotta get up pretty early in the morning to beat out the Firebird. :)

Back