Unfriendly Skys

N519AT

Ahh! This is how I change this!
Has anyone ever read the book "UnFriendly Skys"? What do you think about it even though it was written in the eighties?

I read it a few months back when I saw it on the library shelves. Even though it was written in a period of time that far outdates what pilots deal with today, I enjoy reading any fresh material written by an actual airline pilot. Any high time pilot, for that matter. They have experience and knowledge we could only hope to acquire someday. Really it is such an outdated book, the story is based around deregulation if I remember right. It has some other great stories sprinkled within also. It was a fun book and I had a hard time putting it down, although Im not an avid reader by any means. I give it two thumbs up.
smile.gif

I liked the first Story where he landed on the threshhold by like 12 inches or something. I read the book like once every three months or so.

so you all got me interested in it.... so i just went to amazon.com and bought it used for $00.01 plus 3 dollars shipping....

pretty sweet. i can't wait to start reading it.
laugh.gif

lol Cool! Also another reccommended book that I really like is Flight of Passage by Rinker Buck. Him and his brother flew a Piper Cub Coast to Coast, no radio or lights
cool.gif
cool.gif

I also added it to my amazon wish list if anyone wants to buy it for me
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
so you all got me interested in it.... so i just went to amazon.com and bought it used for $00.01 plus 3 dollars shipping....

[/ QUOTE ]

you bought it for a penny?? i had no idea amazon sold anything for a penny... wonder if they have "penny sales" listed on the site so i don't have to search around for things i can buy for a penny????
tongue.gif

that's pretty kewl!! let us know how you like it and we'll put it up on the book list if it's not already there...

Back