Unemployed

R

Roger, Roger

Woohoo.
It's a long story, but the short summing-up is that I resigned and have a clean history and good recommendation from all of my supervisors. You could say I just couldn't commit to another full year on the yob.

I'm using the first few weeks of unemployment to visit my family and fiancee in MN, and do wedding stuff. And of course continue my job search that's really been ongoing since last year this time.

1120 TT.
720 dual given.
MEI/CFI/CFII.
A&P.

I really, really want to stay in TX.
Fly, teach, fix...whatever. I'll do it.

Well sorry to hear your unemployed, but it sounds like you have a game plan. Enjoy the first few weeks off I suppose.

RD

So you resigned or got laid off?
Resigned. Like I said, long story, and I don't want to put it all up on the internets, but I left on good terms with my supervisors and co-workers.

As long as something else works out, I will be very happy to be gone.

Well atleast it was your choice!:) Hopefully you'll find new work and be back in the cockpit/flight deck in no time.

popaviator works for them, PM him and ask about the details.

Check out Skymates in Arlington, I know some people who work there as well.

Woohoo.
It's a long story, but the short summing-up is that I resigned and have a clean history and good recommendation from all of my supervisors. You could say I just couldn't commit to another full year on the yob.

I'm using the first few weeks of unemployment to visit my family and fiancee in MN, and do wedding stuff. And of course continue my job search that's really been ongoing since last year this time.

1120 TT.
720 dual given.
MEI/CFI/CFII.
A&P.

I really, really want to stay in TX.
Fly, teach, fix...whatever. I'll do it.

Sorry to hear that. I know I've been in similar situations for a variety of reasons and it's always difficult. I understand what you mean about staying in texas as well, I'm doing the best I can to find a way to relocate there. Partially for personal reasons, but I also simply love the area.

I've seen a bunch of MTX gigs in Houston and Dallas I'm not qualified for, but it might be up your alley. If you're interested, shoot me a PM and I'll try to dig up some info for you.

Thanks everyone for the support and suggestions. Since I've been looking for over a year now, I've got lots of leads. None have turned up anything certain yet though...I'm sure all my fellow unemployed's recognize the feeling, lol.

Resigned. Like I said, long story, and I don't want to put it all up on the internets, but I left on good terms with my supervisors and co-workers.

As long as something else works out, I will be very happy to be gone.
I'm still working it here. Think we may have some movement.

Back