U.S. Transport Plane Lands Safely After Missile Hits

Hey FL270

OUR FUC*ING President also did Cocaine and was convicted of Drinking and Driving........don't forge to mention that!

Damn Republicans!
grin.gif

lewinsky_keyap.jpg

oh I just forgot about the high moral standard that was set by our last president (lying under oath does that ring a bell)

[ QUOTE ]
The number of soldiers the US has lost probably is higher than the number of troops deployed by each country on that list.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that you could say that about almost any coalition that we put together. We certainly had more troops that anyone else involved in Desert Storm.

[ QUOTE ]
lewinsky_keyap.jpg

oh I just forgot about the high moral standard that was set by our last president (lying under oath does that ring a bell)

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!

WARNING -- 7500!

Has anybody else heard the media reports lately that Monica has been complaining about her love life? Yeah ... she says she isn't having much luck with men because of her reputation. "After all, if you were a guy, would you want to take me home to your mother?"

</7500>

FL270

[ QUOTE ]
"After all, if you were a guy, would you want to take me home to your mother?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends. Mom like cigars?

[ QUOTE ]
Depends. Mom like cigars?

[/ QUOTE ]Wouldn't it have been a whole lot easier for Charmin' Billy just to buy a humidor??

[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't it have been a whole lot easier for Charmin' Billy just to buy a humidor??

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO. thats too funny!!!

Did she ever stop to think she might be having guy problems because she's UGLY?

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah ... she says she isn't having much luck with men because of her reputation. "After all, if you were a guy, would you want to take me home to your mother?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Forget taking her home to mom. I wouldn't even want to take her out if I was hanging out with my friends! Can you just imagine the snickers and jokes that would be whispered?

But she brought it on herself. Clinton wasn't the first married man she slept with!

Not saying that Clinton was right, by the way, for doing what he did.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey - I personally have not problem with Slick Willy lying under oath - about his sex life.

It was - NONE OF OUR D*MNED BUSINESS.

He's not the first Prez to get laid in office and he's not the last.

But, since we're casting stones, let's talke about the high moral standards of the (former) poster boy for Family Values:

newt_image.gif

Wanna keep playing?

[ QUOTE ]
But, since we're casting stones, let's talke about the high moral standards of the (former) poster boy for Family Values:

newt_image.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's what cracked me up, the total hypocrisy of some of the people who wanted to lynch Clinton for cheating on his wife and lying about it. Or splitting words so closely that while he didn't technically lie, he effectively did.

If you're someone who cheated on your first wife and then served her with divorce papers when she was in her hospital bed, how can you claim the moral high ground? Or if you have a "youthful indiscretion" when you're in your 40s, how can you get on Clinton for messing around?

I'm not excusing Clinton's behavior. It was wrong. But the people who were slamming him....well, like the old saying goes, when you point fingers at someone, three fingers are pointing right back at you!

I won't defend the actions of Gingrich, Clinton, or anybody else who has made mistakes in their life ... which would be pretty much all of us, in one way or another.

However, I do think there's something interesting to add here. After Rush Limbaugh returned to the air post-rehab, there were people in the media (and callers to the show) crying hypocrisy because of his past comments about drug use. He said something interesting that I think bears repeating. "People are saying that I am a hypocrite, as I was using drugs. Yet, I was telling people to lead a moral life and do the right thing. Okay, if what I was saying to do was the right thing about whatever subject, does the fact that I may not have been doing it myself mean that it's not right to do? My behavior doesn't change right and wrong."

Did I start all this just by making a comment about a humidor??

FL270

[ QUOTE ]
"People are saying that I am a hypocrite, as I was using drugs. Yet, I was telling people to lead a moral life and do the right thing. Okay, if what I was saying to do was the right thing about whatever subject, does the fact that I may not have been doing it myself mean that it's not right to do? My behavior doesn't change right and wrong."

[/ QUOTE ]
Rush can spin it any way he wants to, but he was doing more than just saying "don't do drugs mmmmmkay. Drugs are bad, mmmmkay"
wink.gif

He was basically calling drug users the scum of the earth. We were supposed to be unsympathetic to anyone using drugs for any reason.

But, now that it's him - we're suddenly supposed to be sympathetic.

He's right in one sense, - it doesn't change "right and wrong".

What it does show is that he holds everyone around him to one standard - the one he preaches - but practices another.

Kind of like a preacher fornicating with children all the while breathing fire and brimstone from the pulpit.

It's hypocritical any way you cut it.

[ QUOTE ]
Did I start all this just by making a comment about a humidor??

[/ QUOTE ]
Naw - you're good people. It's all in fun (for me anyway).

[ QUOTE ]
Yet, I was telling people to lead a moral life and do the right thing. Okay, if what I was saying to do was the right thing about whatever subject, does the fact that I may not have been doing it myself mean that it's not right to do? My behavior doesn't change right and wrong."

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I give credit to Limbaugh for saying that he was wrong. Some of the guys who I mentioned didn't have the decency to do that. Gingrich defended his sleeping around and serving divorce papers when his wife was in the hospital, and Henry Hyde dismissed his cheating as a "youthful indiscretion."

I would have had a hell of a lot more respect for them if they just said, yes, I screwed up, and was wrong.

And Clinton should have done the same thing, too.

What is it with some people? Why can't they just say "I was wrong" instead of trying to weasel their way out of it?

R2F ...

My point in posting the quote was not to start a Rush debate ... it was to point out exactly what you agreed to ... an individual's conduct does not change right and wrong.

Thanks for the compliment ... you're not so bad yourself.

FL270

Back