Two weeks into the program...

Sig

My multi-private ride was bumped twice, but I finally took it on Monday.

EASY.

I now have about 11 hrs. multi PIC XC, I've shot 9 approaches (ILS, VOR/DME,VOR-A, NDB, GPS...), I've completed the 10 TNGs in controlled space, I've been in the D/FW and Houston Class B areas and I've logged 7 under the hood (although all of our flights were filed IFR). My Instrument ride is no later than June 11, but I might be ready by my birthday (June 1).

Great school, great instructors. And SOMEBODY call Travis at the 800 number and say, "Vaya con dios, Ike."

/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Uh-oh -- looks like someone is talking about my past life out there in DFW. Tell Harold I said hello...

The ATP Seminole training supplement arrived today.

I don't like the gear down location and landing speed. However, I have much to learn on this particular topic so we shall see.

Other than that, excellent booklet.

Looking at the pic on the back cover, there should be a "Post no bills" sign underneath the ATP logo. Not even a backup A.I. Hmph!

1 week to know if 3 or 4 months and counting. . . and if a certain MEI will be back in SoCal by then. . .

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

Zack,

Would you be willing to talk to me about the program? I could buy you a meal at that restaurant on GPM when you were not flying sometime. I work up 360 just south of DFW. I
am considering the program and wanted to ask a few more questions than is feasible to type on the boards.

Send me an email if you wouldn't mind be bugging you with questions...

Thanks,
Charles
cbraden_av8r@usa.com

Charles- I tried e-mailing you at this address.

I'd be more than happy to tell you everything about the program, and since you live so close you should come by the office and check out the facilities.

Zack

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

My multi-private ride was bumped twice, but I finally took it on Monday.

<hr></blockquote>

Congrats! It's nice to hear you found it easy, only means my colleges do their job. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif
And as I always tell people who are thinking about doing the program; You have to be flexible, by nature. As your re-scheduled v-rides so clearly shows..
If you're not you're going to find it very frustrating. (If you are though you'll find it /very/ rewarding.)

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

but I might be ready by my birthday (June 1).

<hr></blockquote>
Same birthday as me! I reached the magic numer of 30 on the 1st. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif
Now I'm debating if I'm going to do my mid-life crisis now, or when I go 40...;)

Cheers, and good luck with the rest!!

Helge

What's up!

King's doing a great job. I'm doing my insurance ride with Jeff (Harold) as soon as possible; hopefully tonight.

Happy Birthday! I turned 29!

I hope dispatch doesn't get too mad at me- my wife's contractions are 5 minutes apart. I won't be able to start my cross-countries for two days after the baby is here.

Gotta run- hopefully to the hospital when I get back from my flight...

Z

SIg,
Now that you have been in the program for awhile i would like to ask a few ?'s. I also live in the DFW area.

What's this insurance ride you mentioned? Enquiring minds want to know!

Glad to hear you got your base of choice relatively quickly; I might stop in sometime and chat you up on your experiences so far.

Before they'll turn two ACP pilots loose with a $400,000, six-month-old Seminole on long cross-countries, they need them to fly with a "new" instructor to get evaluated.

It's a formality.

WRITE ME AT THAT E-MAIL ADDRESS. I'll answer all questions there.

Back