Two more weeks untill the big trip!!

zombie5225

Only two more weeks untill I head up to Canada for my long XC! It looks like its going to be well over a 2000 mile trip. Its going to be from Baltimore MD to Concord NH to Charlottetown PE to St Johns NF and back.

Ive got a few questions for everybody. First, is there anybody along that route that would know of a FBO that would bill my flight school for fuel instead of paying on the spot. I have run this past my school and they said it was fine. Im just having trouble finding an FBO that would do it.

Second is the issue of survival gear. I have so far: a life vest, emergency strobe, sleeping bag, wool blanket, plenty of warm clothing, food/water, and fire starting supplies. Does anybody have any suggestions on what else I should bring along?

WOW sounds like the trip of a lifetime. Adding to your survival gear I'd bring a knife or leatherman.

Just bring a gun and hunt all your food. If your truely bold (or stupid) you could work on some aerial target practice.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Ive got a few questions for everybody. First, is there anybody along that route that would know of a FBO that would bill my flight school for fuel instead of paying on the spot. I have run this past my school and they said it was fine. Im just having trouble finding an FBO that would do it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you have a credit card? I don't think I'd make that trip w/o good old MasterCard in my back pocket.

Dave

[ QUOTE ]
Just bring a gun and hunt all your food. If your truely bold (or stupid) you could work on some aerial target practice.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol...actually thats listed as a "dont do" item in the hunting regulations book (at least for my state)....so, its probably a safe bet that somebody has done it before....
grin.gif

Back