Twin Comanche Time Building

Terry

Just got back from a time building trip. KDPA - KDUX - KBVU - KFCH - KDUX - KDPA about 28 hours . Hourly rates are as low as 90 an hour. Slots are open for FEB if interested please PM me thanks

Hi Terry,
Very interested in speaking with you. I'm currently flying out of KARR. Sounds like you might be based at KDPA or somewhere close by. Don't know exactly how this forum works but let me know how you'd like to get in touch. Thanks!

What do the hourly rates top out at? If it;s as low as $90, what's the top of the spectrum?

I flew with Terry and it's definitely a good value. He's easy to get along with and the plane is in working order. Very affordable for quick and easy time building. I'll be going back and flying with him some more.

I flew with Terry last week everything went great, the plane is in good shape, well equipped. Terry is a nice guy.

If you want to build time in a quick and efficient way, this is the place to go.

As someone who used to own a PA30, I have no idea how you could possibly get the rate down to anywhere near $150/ hr wet.

As someone who used to own a PA30, I have no idea how you could possibly get the rate down to anywhere near $150/ hr wet.
I also had 1966 Twinco for 8 years, which I sold two years ago. $5 avgas means $70-80 an hour for fuel at 14-16 gph, and insurance runs $2500-3500 annually for decent coverage. It doesn't leave much, if anything, for maintenance if you're charging less than $180 based on 150 hours annually. I suppose you could go liability only and roll the dice that you don't have a gear incident with some rookie time builder. Not a chance I'd want to take.

I also had 1966 Twinco for 8 years, which I sold two years ago. $5 avgas means $70-80 an hour for fuel at 14-16 gph, and insurance runs $2500-3500 annually for decent coverage. It doesn't leave much, if anything, for maintenance if you're charging less than $180 based on 150 hours annually. I suppose you could go liability only and roll the dice that you don't have a gear incident with some rookie time builder. Not a chance I'd want to take.

Exactly. If you figure $35/hr for maintenance on 300 hours you're probably right about on track, but that isn't accounting for reserves. Even so, $80/hr fuel + $35/hr maintenance + $10/hr insurance= $125/hr. That's with no reserves, and you're obviously not making any profit from the asset. You also haven't accounted for depreciating the asset.

Honestly I don't know the point of asking why I charge what I do. I offer a good plane at an excellent value if you would like to come visit me and pay more I will gladly take your money..
To all the pilots that have flown with me already thanks !!!

Just got back from a time building trip. KDPA - KDUX - KBVU - KFCH - KDUX - KDPA about 28 hours . Hourly rates are as low as 90 an hour. Slots are open for FEB if interested please PM me thanks
Terry, are you a flight Instructor? I hold a current CFI certificate.I don't have any dual given.I have flown somewhere around 20 hours in last 6 months. I would like to talk to you over the phone if you send me your number or you can reach me @ 281-217-8005.

Hi there - I am interested in building time. I'm located NYC. Do you come out here ever? I could join you for part of the trip...

Back