Twenty reasons never to fly Ryanair

I guess the author is somehow surprised that they're not really the pillar of efficiency that enables them to fly you from "inconvenient third tier airport near Point A" to "inconvenient third tier airport near Point B?" for a few dollasr? :)

Finally the flying public is realizing that, even though they thought all they cared about was cheap flights, they actually care about some other stuff instead like how the in flight experience is.

I actually don't mind RyanAir because I take it for what it is: the same as a bus or a train. It's public transportation that just happens to take place inside a 737. I also don't expect that it is actually going to be as inexpensive as it seems when I first look at the airfare. It's going to end up just slightly less expensive than the other airlines I could have taken to that same destination.

We flew Ryanair a few times. It was actually kind of cool because they flew into Lubeck, which is a tiny town (With the best Christmas market in Germany) just north-east of Hamburg, where we lived.

All I can say is that it is an interesting experience. If you know what you are getting into it is really not so bad. They get you where you want to go, and that's about it. Expect nothing more and you won't be disappointed.

I think the aspect I found the most annoying was the "ghetto bus stop" method of boarding the plane. Then again that's where being the 6'3" 220lbs black guy came in handy! :)

I think the aspect I found the most annoying was the "ghetto bus stop" method of boarding the plane. Then again that's where being the 6'3" 220lbs black guy came in handy! :)

I love it.

For some reason, outside of the UK there is no respect for place in line -- it is a cutthroat push to the front of the line. Being a big dude always helps when that time comes.

I waited until everyone was on the bus that took us out to the plane before I got on. When the bus got there, I was the first off the bus and first on the plane to claim the best of a crappy seat - ha! Suckers!

Just how is that an eye-roller?

In the UK, the "queue" is sacred...and anyone who tries to circumvent it and slide into another part of the line will be pretty easily verbally abused by all the people who are in that line.

On the continent, it is like the concept of the general public lining up was just never introduced.

It's not a slam on anyone...just a sociology major observing one of the quite noticeable differences in social norms between the UK and the rest of the EU.

Just how is that an eye-roller?

In the UK, the "queue" is sacred...and anyone who tries to circumvent it and slide into another part of the line will be pretty easily verbally abused by all the people who are in that line.

On the continent, it is like the concept of the general public lining up was just never introduced.

It's not a slam on anyone...just a sociology major observing one of the quite noticeable differences in social norms between the UK and the rest of the EU.

It's funny because it's true. I was a bit shocked to see hordes of people simply cutting in line at customs in Istanbul. No shame about it whatsoever. To me, that speaks to a person's/culture's integrity, but I'm probably reading too much into it.

It's funny because it's true. I was a bit shocked to see hordes of people simply cutting in line at customs in Istanbul. No shame about it whatsoever. To me, that speaks to a person's/culture's integrity, but I'm probably reading too much into it.

Its like that in China...it has to be. With that many people if you aren't pushy there's no way you're getting everything done that you needed to that day.

It's true that the Britons have a special relationship with the queues. There is no denying that.

Maybe I got your point wrong so sorry about that. It's true it can really vary around the continent. But I wouldn't say Britain is the only country where queuing is practised in its correct from. Wouldn't like try cutting a queue in Swizerland for example.

Alchemy, as for Istanbul I'm not sure if you flew to Ataturk or Sabiha Gokcen international. The first one is on the European continent and the later is.. well tecnically speaking in Asia. :rolleyes:

Yes, I know they act the same on both sides of the bay.

It's true that the Britons have a special relationship with the queues. There is no denying that.

Maybe I got your point wrong so sorry about that. It's true it can really vary around the continent. But I wouldn't say Britain is the only country where queuing is practised in its correct from. Wouldn't like try cutting a queue in Swizerland for example.

Alchemy, as for Istanbul I'm not sure if you flew to Ataturk or Sabiha Gokcen international. The first one is on the European continent and the later is.. well tecnically speaking in Asia. :rolleyes:

Yes, I know they act the same on both sides of the bay.

It was Ataturk, although I did cross over to the asian side via car while I was there. I found most turkish people to be fairly friendly, at least the tourisim oriented people I dealt with. In fact, at the customs line, who knows how many of them were actually turks since there were flights coming in from all over.

Back