TVC (Traverse City, MI) Rental or CFI

tomokc

The wife and I are headed north on Sunday, October 7th for a week, and would like to rent a C-172 or C-182 for a couple of hours of sightseeing. Since the checkout will take longer than our flight time, I thought it would be better to simply find a CFI and pay for a couple of hours of dual time.

I found only one guy, but he's busy with seaplane checkrides and may not have time for us.

Anybody know who I might contact? It's a gorgeous part of the world, and the fall colors should be at their peak.

jskibo - Yep, you're one of four checkrides next week. Good luck!

zaza - I'll see if NMC has an opening - thanks. Now regarding the MHC, I want to see the W&B/CG for this setup:

airplane.html

jskibo - Yep, you're one of four checkrides next week. Good luck!

zaza - I'll see if NMC has an opening - thanks. Now regarding the MHC, I want to see the W&B/CG for this setup:

airplane.html
Thanks! Knocked out Instrument yesterday so this one should be just a fun ride! PA-12 on floats has to be a good time!

Thanks! Knocked out Instrument yesterday so this one should be just a fun ride! PA-12 on floats has to be a good time!
Tom makes float rating fun. I was the first person to fly his PA-12 with the flaps he put on over this past winter.
You can call the college there in town (231-995-1220). I did a couple of flights like that when I CFI'd there.

Here's the list of aircraft and fees: https://www.nmc.edu/programs/academic-programs/aviation/flight-fees.html

However, if you and your wife want a true experience...you could always join the mile high club up here! lol http://www.milehightc.com/
Did you do any seaplane instruction?

No, just basic single/multi instructing stuff. Most of the seaplane guys there are ex-Alaska bush pilots so they have no need for low-time instructors in that plane.
That's the one plane if I worked there that I would want to teach in. I took my seaplane checkride with the guy who does all their seaplane checkrides

I just learned not to wait for the last minute to book Traverse City hotels....only thing left was motel 6 and some over $200 a night....

Back