Turkish Airlines pilots abducted at gunpoint in Beirut

NewsBot

Administrator
Two Turkish Airlines pilots were kidnapped Friday at gunpoint as they made their way from Beirut Rafik Hariri International Airport to a Beirut hotel following a flight from Istanbul.

read more

bljVX7whtGw

Continue reading...

Hope they have the "Missing, Internment, Hostage, or Prisoner of War" clause in their contract...

Turkey has pulled all of the Turkish UN members of out Lebanon in response.

Crews get jacked in Mexico City ALL THE TIME but taken hostage, that's got to blow.

Extortion/money grab attempt? I can't see anything else other than an attempt at getting rich quick.

Hope they have the "Missing, Internment, Hostage, or Prisoner of War" clause in their contract...

Actually, we have some language like that, and some declarations in our beneficiary statements as well.

I hope there aren't any 'copy cat' attempts.

Probably will be, unfortunately.

Usually they just want your money, credit cards and jewelry.

Have your throwaway wallet and wear junk jewelry, if any.

Man these kind of people deserve the worst kind of beatdown.......then dumped in the nearest trash dumpster where they belong.

Turkey, Lebanon? Uh, SYRIA?

I hope it's just a garden variety shakedown/kidnapping and the locals get them back (and perforate the thugs), but it doesn't seem impossible to me that there's a political angle...

Wouldn't have happened back in the days of FEs. As the "protection" for the crew, I imagine they had one or two tactically hidden wrenches they could beat someone up with. :)

Wouldn't have happened back in the days of FEs. As the "protection" for the crew, I imagine they had one or two tactically hidden wrenches they could beat someone up with. :)

I always pictured the BA crews of the glory days as two stereotypical Poms holding their pinkies out while drinking wine on the overnight and one "Hard Man" yobbo slurring Cockney, double-fisting lager, and keeping the locals away from the wallets of the Downton Abbey boys.

Back