Tulsa, OK AME recommendations

A150K

My Second class is up for renewal by the end of the month and I'm new to the area. Anyone recommend anyone in particular?

The guy who's based on the field at RVS. Can't remember his name, but he's pleasant to deal with and it's a quick process.

The guy who's based on the field at RVS. Can't remember his name, but he's pleasant to deal with and it's a quick process.

You're referring to Dr. Dennis Deakins. He's no longer at RVS, he sold that location to Oklahoma State Univervisity. He is still doing medicals though out of his office in Grove, OK. The name of his practice is Aviation Medicine of Oklahoma. It's about a 90 minute drive northeast of Tulsa, worth the drive if you ask me.

Just wanted to bump this thread up and let everyone know that I went to Deakins and would highly recommend him. Seriously, he is the best out of the three I have visited to date. To make a long story short, when I showed him my letter of special issuance for Gilbert Syndrome ( a benign condition that many people have) and corresponding lab results, he found it very suspicious that the FAA felt the need to follow it (as everybody does), so he took the time to call a few people at the FAA and as a result, I now have a normal, no restrictions issuance thus ending nearly 8 years of paperwork nightmares. Definitely worth the 90 minute drive!

Nice, it's always a sigh of relief when you get your medical renewed, but he's very knowledgeable and to the point, not to mention the good scenery out by grand lake.

Back