Tuition

Not very cheap, I'm in state and I paid pretty close to $20000 my first 2 years that includes all the flying and room and board, it does get cheaper as you progress in the program, mainly because your not paying to fly, you pay for your basic tuition and the 727 sims. If your out of state I think it's about $10000 more per year. Not positive though. Hope that helps.

Adam,

Does "not positive" refer to your experience at Purdue or the tuition costs? Can you comment about the quality of training you're receiving? Is the program well done? Are the instructors good? Is the program set up so that you complete your various certs in a timely manner? Please comment. Thanks

Newpilot, sorry if you misunderstood my post. I am not attending Purdue, im just a high schooler looking at colleges. I know nothing about their flight program. Sorry bout that
wink.gif

Actually, my reply was for PUflight, whose name also seems to be Adam. Since he is a student there, I thought he might give all of us some insight into the school. If you're out there, how about it? Thanks.

PurduePilot,

Thanks for the link. I'm still adding the numbers...I've got to get new batteries for my calculator. Those are serious dollars. ERAU doesn't seem too outrageous by comparison. We have a friend who is attentding Bowling Green in Ohio--loves the flight training, loves the program, and it's a whole lot less money.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by newpilot01:
PurduePilot,

Thanks for the link. I'm still adding the numbers...I've got to get new batteries for my calculator. Those are serious dollars. ERAU doesn't seem too outrageous by comparison. We have a friend who is attentding Bowling Green in Ohio--loves the flight training, loves the program, and it's a whole lot less money.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You try hunting around for some scholarships. There are lots of aviation related ones out there.

However, if you find a place that's equally as good for less money by all means go! However, you won't be getting the Purdue name.

According to one airline pilot during his interview they told him, "okay now on to your college years. I see you went to Purdue and did well there. Let's move on..."
smile.gif

Back