Tube in ear

hawkesaurus

Hi Dr. Forred,

I've been given the option to put a tube in one of my ears as a result of an ear infection.
Another option is to not do it and wait a 4-6 weeks for it to heal by itself.
The ENT said that there is a very chance that the tube will fall out and the hole will heal fully, but a slight chance that a hole will remain.

Do you know if getting this procedure done will affect my current first class medical?

Thanks!

If you have the tubes placed, you will have to supply the AME with the medical records to send to the FAA. If the ear drum does not heal, they will make the decision regarding the medical. If it heals, the AME can issue and send the records in for review.

Hi Dr. Forred,

I've been given the option to put a tube in one of my ears as a result of an ear infection.
Another option is to not do it and wait a 4-6 weeks for it to heal by itself.
The ENT said that there is a very chance that the tube will fall out and the hole will heal fully, but a slight chance that a hole will remain.

Do you know if getting this procedure done will affect my current first class medical?

Thanks!

why do the ear tubs???
[FONT=&quot]The best thing for Ear infection is the eardoc.it is non invasive and it treats the problem and not the symptoms and it help 94% of its users.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]www.eardoc.info[/FONT][/FONT]
:yeahthat:

Back