TSLA now valued at 464.3B

GypsyPilot

Mohawk Town
Yes, TSLA is now worth more than 464.3B USD. That's as much as the combined total of GE, Toyota, Boeing, FedEx, UPS, GM, Ford, and Honda (464.6B).

What is going on with this market? Is anyone else concerned?

Yes, TSLA is now worth more than 464.3B USD. That's as much as the combined total of GE, Toyota, Boeing, FedEx, UPS, GM, Ford, and Honda (464.6B).

So, help me better understand the context of what you're saying as I do not understand the relevance of the value of a company. TSLA you say is worth $464 billion. OK? So?

I'm trying to understand the relevancy of "worth?"

Does seem crazy, the P/E is the reason... not concerned though as I don’t own it. Wish I did!

So, help me better understand the context of what you're saying as I do not understand the relevance of the value of a company. TSLA you say is worth $464 billion. OK? So?

I'm trying to understand the relevancy of "worth?"

Oh, well to aid you with relevancy, I included a summary value of several major international manufacturing and logistics companies in the original post. Read it again I guess, sounds like you missed it.

I considered them, thank you. Not relevant.

Yeah, comparing them to other auto manufacturers definitely doesn't seem relevant (lol) .

I can further assist you though! Let's compare them to Apple then, since the retail Tesla "investors" so often like to say Tesla is a tech company, not a car company.

APPLE (AAPL)
2.07T Market Cap
P/E 36.70
Revenue 273.86B
Operating Margin 24.52%

TESLA (TSLA)
389.79B Market Cap
P/E 1,083.73 (Yes, over 1,000!!)
Revenue 25.71B
Operating Margin 4.74%

Yep, seems legit!

What? You mean you're not gonna buy a bunch of TSLA CALLS at $800 for next week? Ha ha.

Yeah man, it's pretty ridiculous. I don't even know what to do anymore. Can't even short it with confidence with all the retail morons out there.

I don't know if the label "morons" is appropriate. My initial large TSLA share purchase was back in 2015. I guess I don't mind being classified as a "lucky" moron. I've had sizeable amounts of weed shares since 2016 too. I'll see how moronic that purchase is shortly.

People love to highlight their lucky stock picks while failing to point out the bevy of massive failures.

The reality is that the average person shouldn't be picking stocks. Listen to the Oracle and invest in index funds.

I think the word "lucky" said it all? What more should one have to elaborate about "luck?" Guess we should have a narrative about lucky morons now?

There is a certain perspective I will agree wholeheartedly. Just my meek perspective. The "average" person really isn't all that bright. I usually take offense to that statement because I can be a tad bit self-deprecating occasion, however, the more I interact with people, the more I realize just how naive, ignorant, task oriented, and short sighted the average person is.

Just my take. I now ask myself. . .Am "I" really average?

Last edited:
Color me surprised!

I wish I bought some puts. The problem is I just didn’t know how long the stupidity was going to continue.

Same. TSLA scares me. It could be back up tomorrow and seemingly no one would blink. I actually made money on them, but never imagined this insanity would happen..

Tuesday's 21% tumble edged out the company's 19% slide in January 2012, less than two years after its initial public offering. The company's third and fourth largest one-day drops came when it lost nearly 19% on March 16, and 17% on February 5 of this year. The stock rebounded nicely from each of those sell-offs.

Still, even with the 21% decline Tuesday, Tesla shares have nearly quadrupled in value so far this year, rising 295%. The stock is down 34% since reaching a record high close on Aug. 31.

Shares of Tesla (TSLA) lost 21% of their value Tuesday after Standard & Poor's declined to add it to its index of 500 major US stocks. Being added to the index would have required portfolio managers who mirror the index to buy additional shares. Part of the rise in Tesla shares in recent months was on anticipation that would happen.”

Back