TSA: Uh we're going to Jail the kid then do EXACTLY what he did ...

pilot602

If specified, this will replace the title that
TSA: Uh we\'re going to Jail the kid then do EXACTLY what he did ...

[ QUOTE ]
WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- The Bush administration said Wednesday it was increasing its undercover surveillance of airport screeners after a congressional investigation and an embarrassing incident involving smuggled boxcutters raised troubling questions about aviation security.

Stephen McHale, deputy administrator of the Transportation Security Administration, said his agency would carry out more secret tests of airport baggage and passenger screening staff to see whether they detect simulated terrorist threats.

"Through covert testing, we challenge screeners to detect threat objects at screening checkpoints and in checked baggage, using simulated terrorist threat devices and current techniques," McHale said in written testimony to a Senate committee.

"The covert tests serve as one of many indicators of screener performance."

McHale told the Senate Commerce Committee that the agency is well aware of its problems and is trying to do a better job of identifying vulnerabilities.

"No one element of our systems has a zero failure rate,"

McHale's testimony marked the first appearance before lawmakers by a senior agency official since a 20-year-old college student made headlines last month by smuggling boxcutters aboard commercial planes.

The incident prompted a government order to search all aircraft for potential weapons and outraged lawmakers and others when it was revealed the suspect, Nathaniel Heatwole, told the TSA of his plans before he even stepped on a plane.

Heatwole faces federal charges and a possible jail term if convicted.

That incident was preceded by a congressional investigation that concluded the TSA had no effective way to measure the performance of nearly 50,000 passenger and bag screeners at more than 400 U.S. airports.

But the TSA defends its performance, saying it has been working right along to revamp oversight and testing of screeners.

"Well before recent events involving smuggling of prohibited items on board aircraft, TSA began to make screener improvements ranging from more robust training to technology to increased management performance and accountability," McHale said.

He said the agency had already tripled the frequency of annual covert tests compared to when the Federal Aviation Administration oversaw security and "we are increasing unannounced testing even further."

Created in the aftermath of the September 11, 2001, hijack attacks on New York and Washington, the TSA took over aviation security from the airlines and the FAA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't the TSA come out and say, right after they "caught" the kid that "this kind of thing doesn't help anything" and that he was a bad kid andall that.

So what do they turn around and do? The same thing.

I knew the TSA was the largest practical joke in the history of human kind but this just takes it to a completely new level.
mad.gif

Re: TSA: Uh we\'re going to Jail the kid then do EXACTLY what he did ...

Put all the joke TSA screeners at the biggest joke of an airport:

SDL.

How dare you question the almighty TSA!

We're at a level yellow, or green or purple-something, lives are at risk! How unpatriotic!

The NERVE of you freedom-hating people, we're at WAR!

[/sarcasm]

D'Oh!

I'm sorry.

I'll fall in line. Wipe my mind of all original and critical thought.

All hail the TSA!
shocked.gif

smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
D'Oh!

I'm sorry.

I'll fall in line. Wipe my mind of all original and critical thought.

All hail the TSA!
shocked.gif

smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad user!

Bad user!

Never question authority, ever ever again!

[ QUOTE ]
Never question authority, ever ever again!

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, why?

(any body get it? huh, huh?)
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
How dare you question the almighty TSA!

We're at a level yellow, or green or purple-something, lives are at risk! How unpatriotic!

The NERVE of you freedom-hating people, we're at WAR!

[/sarcasm]

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, if I hear another politician say somthing along the lines of "we're at war, how dare you criticize the President" I'm going to have to donate some of my meager savings to his opponent. It's ridiculous.

Anyone who says, hey, maybe this isn't such a good idea instantly gets his patriotism questioned.

As for the Thousands Standing Around, I saw the biggest case of combined idiocy yesterday.

There was a woman who decided, well, I can't get along without my cat Fluffy on this trip. Now, I've got two furballs, and I love them to death, but I can tell you right now they ain't making the trip to Vegas with me! So that was stupid person number one.

Anyway, this woman had her furball in a soft carrying case. The TSA guy working the x-ray machine insisted that she put her cat through the machine. Stupid! She, quite understandbly, said no. She wanted to put the carrying case through the machine and carry the cat through the metal detector with her, but the TSA guy said no.

This went on while I'm standing in line with my shoes off (thank God Richard Reid didn't put explosives up his butt otherwise we'd all be subject to a body cavity search) until she finally got a supervisor over.

The supervisor let her do the logical thing. And then the line moved on.

How could anyone be stupid enough to say, no, you have to x-ray the cat. What kind of logic is that?

...you mean you can't x-ray cats?

I don't know how much radiation the machines subject things to, but I can understand why someone didn't want to put their cat into that machine. I wouldn't have wanted to, either.

Of course, I'm smart enough to leave my cats at home so it wouldn't have really mattered.

...I know a kid that locked himself inside a old busted up freezer around the same age...and I think he ate paint chips...lived near some power lines...mmm...cat...

[ QUOTE ]
...I know a guy that put a cat in a microwave once...

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not a cat lover like some people, but if I ever caught someone doing that to any animal, Id kick their a$$ so far up in between their shoulders theyd have to unbutton their collar to piss. I dont understand why there are people that get their jollies out of torturing animals/people.

the same type of people who have put cats and dogs on bbq grills and torched them to get a laugh.

Sick f-ing people.

The same kind of folks working for the TSA.

You know, animal torture during youth is the highest red-flag indicator of serial killer behavoir later in life.

Read that in a profiling book. Maybe you should steer clear of that friend!
shocked.gif

Holy crap I didn't expect this kind of a response.

Yes, to say simply; the kid is messed up. He's a typical redneck from my area that I don't hang out with.

Yes, it's sick, and it's screwed up. It was an example of someone being stupid, not something for people to flame.

Now what was that about the TSA?

I wasnt saying that you guys had sleep-overs or anything. My line was more for a visual laugh than anything else, but it does get me flaming mad, and I definitely would do something about it. I just dont know what.
smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I wasnt saying that you guys had sleep-overs or anything. My line was more for a visual laugh than anything else, but it does get me flaming mad, and I definitely would do something about it. I just dont know what.
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

To the TSA subject......now......
smile.gif

John Stewart is pretty funny sometimes. About the kid who showed up the TSA he said, "See this is what happens when you take away Napster! College students have nothing to do!"
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Mmmmm - cat.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it tastes anything like dog....
smirk.gif

Back