TSA employee sleeping in a wheelchair.

Nick

http://www.talkairline.com/showphoto.php/photo/456

"Today in BOS, I arrived to find a TSA agent sound asleep in a Spirit Airlines wheelchair, on the outside of security. After mentioning it to a ticket agent, she stated that he had been there for almost two hours. So I go back, and take a few pictures of it, one of which is great. There is nothing in the pictures that is security related at all, it is just him in the wheelchair against a wall.

A coworker of his came over, woke him up, and told him that someone had just taken his picture. He asked who it was and I responded that it was me. He told me that the picture better be deleted, to which I responded that not only is it not going to be deleted, it is going to be copied, a few million times over. Next, he makes some slang remarks, and walks over to his coworkers that are at the security checkpoint.

I see them looking over, pointing, those kind of things. Eventually, the manager comes over and inquires about the picture. I told him that I had it. He leans into me and in a strong tone says, 'I hope you do the right thing with that picture, and we won't have anything to worry about'. My response was that I will do the right thing, and those involved should be very worried.

Fifteen minutes or so pass, I go through security to go to work, and am immediately intercepted by the manager already mentioned, and two people in suits. Only one person spoke to me, one of the suits. She asked about the picture, I confirmed it. She tells me that the individual has been reprimanded, and then inquires as to what I am going to do with the picture. I told her that I will do anything I want, it is my picture. She asks why I am getting hostile (which I was not). My last statement to her was that unless I am being detained, I have a job to do, and you can find me on flight #xxxx, and then I walked off. They did not come to the aircraft."

Attachments

• Picture 8.jpg
    Picture 8.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 276
Hardly Working

WOW.

I love these guys. Always good for a laugh:sarcasm:. The other day in RIC, the lady running the X-ray, responding to a question to one of her coworkers, just coming on duty, said, in a loud clear tone that everyone around the X-ray could hear, "Hardly working" in response to the old question, "Working hard or hardly working" as she continued to blankly stare at the x-ray screen. Gives me that warm, secure feeling.

Seems like the guy passed out in the wheelchair is definitely "Hardly Working"

The airport is their romper room.

They have lost the feeling of having a terrorist attack start by passing through their checkpoints in the past few years.

They are there to collect a paycheck and to follow strange, nonsensical rules and seem to have no genuine interest in securing the area beyond them.

Why isn't this on the cover of The New York Times?

It might be. I've read elsewhere that the photographer that snagged this shot was investigating the legality of spreading the photo.. now that that's covered, things are happening.

It will a sad day when we actually do get another terrorist attack, and we find that the TSA did nothing to stop it, or in fact, was so ineffectual that they actually aided in the plot unwittingly.

What happens when you take the entire staff from the local McDonalds and give them badges...

Spread it

It might be. I've read elsewhere that the photographer that snagged this shot was investigating the legality of spreading the photo.. now that that's covered, things are happening.

That is why I posted this as soon as I got the link from someone else.

I want this picture to be everywhere.

Not because it is a picture of a guy asleep on the job. That's not really a big deal.

But it perfectly symbolizes the lackadaisical attitude many of the TSA employees exhibit at the checkpoints. Just read JetsGoWhee's post about what the screener said out loud at the checkpoint while viewing the x-ray machine. That happens at all airports around the country and frequent flyers know the whole thing is a joke.

Until another picture of something totally inappropriate is taken, this one is the best we all have to look at when we wonder if we're any better off at the airport than we were on September 10, 2001.

Sad.

Nick, you are now officially now my hero!!!

Jeskoe!

I ran into Boston as I was about to get on a train at PHL airport, the doors opened and he stepped off! Ha.

It's been a while, I shall ring you in a week or two and catch up and see what you're up to.

Wish I could have taken the photo myself; perhaps someday passing through screening I'll be lucky enough to see something like this.

http://www.talkairline.com/showphoto.php/photo/456

"Today in BOS, I arrived to find a TSA agent sound asleep in a Spirit Airlines wheelchair, on the outside of security. After mentioning it to a ticket agent, she stated that he had been there for almost two hours. So I go back, and take a few pictures of it, one of which is great. There is nothing in the pictures that is security related at all, it is just him in the wheelchair against a wall.

A coworker of his came over, woke him up, and told him that someone had just taken his picture. He asked who it was and I responded that it was me. He told me that the picture better be deleted, to which I responded that not only is it not going to be deleted, it is going to be copied, a few million times over. Next, he makes some slang remarks, and walks over to his coworkers that are at the security checkpoint.

I see them looking over, pointing, those kind of things. Eventually, the manager comes over and inquires about the picture. I told him that I had it. He leans into me and in a strong tone says, 'I hope you do the right thing with that picture, and we won't have anything to worry about'. My response was that I will do the right thing, and those involved should be very worried.

Fifteen minutes or so pass, I go through security to go to work, and am immediately intercepted by the manager already mentioned, and two people in suits. Only one person spoke to me, one of the suits. She asked about the picture, I confirmed it. She tells me that the individual has been reprimanded, and then inquires as to what I am going to do with the picture. I told her that I will do anything I want, it is my picture. She asks why I am getting hostile (which I was not). My last statement to her was that unless I am being detained, I have a job to do, and you can find me on flight #xxxx, and then I walked off. They did not come to the aircraft."

Haha, that made my day, and again brings me to this

http://www.mypartypost.com/flashplayer.swf?filename=snl-homeland&uname=ryan

It will a sad day when we actually do get another terrorist attack, and we find that the TSA did nothing to stop it, or in fact, was so ineffectual that they actually aided in the plot unwittingly.

I'm pretty sure the next terrorist attack won't involve an airplane. It almost certainly won't involve a hijacking. They are not stupid. They know the airplane trick won't work again.

Next time, it will come through a bomb in the unscreened cargo in the belly of an airplane. Or on a truck on its way to some major city's CBD. Or on a railroad cart. Or a container being shipped in from China.

The TSA is fighting the last war. We're the ones to blame. As long as people keep on saying "well, it's an inconvenience, but if it makes us safer I'm okay with it" we're going to keep fighting the last war.

Back